• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Smiling graciously, Marla waves her hands in disagreement. "Oh, no," she begins, "It's not a problem at all. Pretty much my job description, no? Let me go place orders for both of you."

On her way back to the kitchen, Marla exchanges greetings with the halfling, watches him post his notice, and leans in to look it over once he's left. After a moment, she turns back to Aaradon and Zin, "You might want to take a look at this. I'll make sure your food is ready for take out if that's what you end up doing." She then continues back to the kitchen where her muffled words are countered by a loud, Middle Landellian accented speaker.

A short while later, Marla returns with meals featuring chilled roast beef, flavorful dipping sauce, hearty bread and fresh fruit. Additionally, she's tucked one sheet of food wrapping paper on the side.

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon grabs one of the takeaway parcels from Marla with some hurried words of gratitude as he heads toward the door. "I owe you one." He flashes her a rare smile and is gone out the Dunn Wright Inn. A half-eaten roll, steaming bowl of stew, and a handful of armor scraps are all that mark his presence.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
[ URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Arradon_Delgaran_(ealt)"]Arradon Delgaran[/URL]
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Dunn Wright Inn

As Marla left his table, Zinn’s keen eyes caught the halfling coming in the door of the in and going over to the jobs board. Another posting. Good, a possible job. He noted Marla read the notice, and she told him he maybe should check it out.

As Marla went to retrieve their food, Zinnelis strolled over to read the notice. Well, he was no scholar of magics, but he was a guide and knew very well where Kingsholme was, about four days up the Silver Road.

Marla returned with his food and Zinn thanked her. He preferred not to hurry over much, however, and ate his stew and finished his wine before he left Marla a generous tip and gathered up his pack. He would have liked that hot bath and a change of clothes, but he settled for a stop in the cloakroom to wipe down his leathers from the snow and muck of the road before he set out for the Library of Society. He would probably have to ask for directions on the way, however.

2qm1yle.jpg

KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Mini Stats]Zinnelis
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Initiative: +5

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
[BItems depleted:[/B] None
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Menik]Blood_elf_horde_long_hair_pointy_ears_white_hair_world_of_warcraft.jpg[/sblock]

As Menik enters the Inn, he catches the tail end of Lem's question. "... golems that he would absolutely love."

The elven wizard looks at the adventurous chef and walks over to him. "Not sure what you're into Lem. Count me in if it involves magic or food, but maybe not if it's both."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Oh hey Menik! It's all food, but with a recipe so good that you'll think it's magic. I don't really know much about magic, really, and I never thought about finding a way to incorporate magical substances into food before..." Lem trails off as his mind begins to wander towards dangerous possibilities better left alone.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira, Master of Martial Arts

Leira.jpg

Stretching slightly, and looking down at her half full wine glass. "Hmm, wonder if I should talk a walk. Getting a bit stiff." she mumbles to herself.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Adept

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Erin strides through the door, and finds a seat along the wall. She utters a quick incantation to clean the dirt from her robes, sighs and relaxes from the stress of the road.

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Armed with her famous disarming smile, Marla hits the floor, bringing drinks and food to the Dunn Wright Inn denizens. Seeing new faces in the crowd, she makes sure to stop by Lem, Menik, Erin and Leira's tables. Whipping her towel over her shoulder, she greets each in turn. "Needing anything tonight, let me know. Best way to spend time waiting for a job is on a full stomach. Or, at least, that's my opinion on the matter."

Aura

Explorer
Commander Jacobson
[section]

With a check back over her shoulder, Commander Jacobson of the White Cloaks steps into the Dunn Wright Inn. Turning her small 5'2" frame back towards the main room, her eyes scan the dimly lit nooks and crannies of the eatery. Stepping into a better lit part of the room herself, even a casual observer can see her heavy armaments and armor, including a shield, two swords, and a number of daggers in addition to her White Cloak uniform and insignia. Everything about the way she moves is reminiscent of a coiled snake, ready to strike.[/section]

The White Cloak Commander's posture is not lost on Grog. From behind the bar, he watchful bartender and sometimes bouncer lifts an eyebrow. "Dat a fookin' lot of blades, girl," he observes.

"I plan to do some killing," Jacobson retorts, quickly adding, "but not here. I am just short of time to come here like this." As the big man behind the counter seemly relaxes a bit, the commander addresses the room, "I'm looking for some upper-tier hired help, particularly magic. People with broad experience and a general desire to see Venzan rat populace dwindle down to the regular levels."

Back behind the counter, Grog snorts, "Dere goes te cheap meat!"

OOC: Recruiting for ROUS 4. Invited members:
Menik L10 Wizard ( [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION] )
Lem L10 Monk ( [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION] )
Weylyn L10 Bloodrager ( [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads