• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tarrasque Modifications.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Basically the breath weapon of Tiamat (made into a 20' wide beam, and twice the regen of a troll.

1588463276686.png

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
@Fenris-77 I like it having a godzilla/kaiju beam. /shrug

As far as the regen, it used to, thats why I edited it back in.

Interestingly, its the highest CR (30).

Tiamat's "avatar" is also a 30. After that we have two 28s and a 26.

Oofta

Legend
I'd probably make the regen more as well. After all a troll regens 12% of it's HP every round. A tarrasque recovering that much per round? That would be a little over 80. Now we're talking a monster that's tough to kill!

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Yeah, 5e needs more Kaiju action to balance out the inevitable power creep. Maybe we need to kitbash a towering metal colossus to do battle with Tarrasque-zilla. Something with a sword the size of a wizard's tower and serious DBZ powerup beam action. Kamehamaha!

badooga

Explorer
As part of a larger homebrew project of mine, I made a variant Tarrasque that uses some previous edition abilities (e.g. Aura of Earthbinding) alongside a few of my own additions (e.g. Powerful Blows). I didn't include a beam attack or anything like that, but I did add an improvised attack that encourages DMs to throw buildings at their players and stuff as needed. I hope you guys like it.

1588472197677.png

NotAYakk

Legend
Beam Attack: give it unlimited range. It solves entire cheese strategies, and is sufficiently epic.

Regen: 20 is tiny, 80 might be a bit much. 50 is nice and round.

I do like:

Immunity: Any attack or effect dealing less than 20 damage.

Remove ads