• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Stealing Attunement

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I assume items that go into the same slot are designed on the assumption that they can't be used together. IDK how careful designers were about that, overall, though.

I am just not convinced there is always a convincing reason (like balance). Not sure something which makes you super jump should exclude another mobility benefit like one that allows you to walk on walls, for instance.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I am just not convinced there is always a convincing reason
heh.
(like balance). Not sure something which makes you super jump should exclude another mobility benefit like one that allows you to walk on walls, for instance.
I think part of it is just to keep items from becoming completely fungible and ubiquitous. The way 3e & 4e pegged magic items to level with ballooning costs meant that you could always completely decorate your tree (fill all your slots) with comparatively cheap lower-level items.

Remove ads