• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Spell lists by class level

Where should they go?

• Put them in the spells chapter

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Put each in its class description

Votes: 13 39.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Vote! All in one place with the spells, or each list in the relevant class information? (ie the bard has its advancement table and class features and spell list).

Faolyn

(she/her)
I'd put them in the back with the spells, just to not clutter up the class section too much.

Stalker0

Legend
100% all together in the back. I'll admit for the first read through, it can be nice to look at the class and see what spells it could do. But immediately after that and for ever after, I will be much better served with a master list. further it reduces duplication, because if you put it per class you are going to have to copy certain spells multiple times, ESPECIALLY with the sorc and wizard.

Horwath

Legend
In class would be better.

Also, spell descriptions should be separated by level, then every level by alphabet. So when we are looking for 1st level spells we do not need to search through 100+pages for 5 or so spells.

seergun

Explorer
For a printed book, all together seems better, probably alphabetically, as annoying as that can be. This way, you can always know where to find it, unlike be class or school. Also prevents duplicates

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
In class would be better.

Also, spell descriptions should be separated by level, then every level by alphabet. So when we are looking for 1st level spells we do not need to search through 100+pages for 5 or so spells.
This. If every class had its own spells I would advocate for the spells to be described in each class' pages; but as there's some overlap, it leads to having a ton of pages with spells and simply sorting them alphabetically makes this very annoying. Having them double sorted would definitely makes it easier on the page flip.

Li Shenron

Legend
At the end of each class description would be better, so that it would be already there with all the other class features.

The only benefit of having all class spells lists together is for academic comparison which you may do once in a while, and of course the usual "we've always been doing it this way" conservative mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads