• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SotD: In the Wilderness (Orsal judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus quietly whispers, "But we walked all that way. Fine." Planus seems disappointed, but quietly backs away with the rest of the party. Once they are far enough away (quarter mile) Planus says, "Black eyes, eh? Is that how dragons look when in human form?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"As far as I know, there is no limitation to the forms that a dragon can take. So it would be completely up to the dragon whether or not it would manifest black eyes. Which strikes me as somewhat strange... why single itself out like that? On the other hand, dragons are known for their arrogance..."

fuzzy

First Post
Rika

It could be that that is how it proves it a dragon, or at least someone who can shapeshift or something. It wouldn't make sense to single itself out, but it had no reason expect an attack. A good thing, too. If we had be spotted, we'd be dead. Can anyone think of a way to signal the others that won't expose our position or blow their cover?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re listens to the other speak and ponders on how to signal the other members of the party. He considers sending his Psi-crystal as a messenger, but decides to distrust their ability to remember the black lump of glass as part of his walking stave.

OOG: What were the human guards (of the "Dragon") wearing/wielding? Did they look like typical human peasants?

fuzzy

First Post
Good idea. Let's head back. I'll take the back of the group, just incase we were spotted.

Rika gets up and waits for the others.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: just wanted to do some characterization while waiting for the next thing to happen. hopefully, no one minds.
As they journey back toward the hollow tower, Veras-Re considers the implications of seeing the kobolds with villagers.

What were those villagers doing there? Where they reporting the presence of the other group to this "Eskaron"? Were they in league with the kobolds? Did they truly want to be free of the Dragon?

"Tyrants rule only with the consent of the people. Those villagers must be helping the kobolds" muses the Dwarf aloud. He wonders whether the Halfling was able to reach the other group or if they were captured by the subjugated villagers. Either possibility seemed likely to the Dwarf.

His hands itch. He wishes he had a crossbow to use when the fighting began. Ranged combat irked Veras-Re, especially against such cowardly foes. He would rather be up at their faces and beating them down personally. But against large numbers, ranged combat would be a tactical necessity. Ranged combat and the advantage of terrain. Yes. That would be preferable

He looks to those around him to tell them of his thoughts, but decides to keep silent. They all appeared to be seasoned enough warriors to know such things. Even the easy-going Planus had a strength to him that Veras-Re envied.

I have to get more powerful. But how?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
"They may be helping, or they maybe be forced to work for the dragon." Planus's eyes light up as they always do when describing a fight, as he draws and knocks an arrow. Half drawing his bow he says, "Either way, I'd say we shoot the ones with weapons, and see how everyone else reacts. We should probably try to concentrate our fire on the one we think is the dragon. Kill the lead wolf and the pack will scatter. And I'm really wondering what color a dragon's blood is! I used to think all blood was red, but then I shot an orc once and it was really dark, almost black. And of course ettercap's blood is purple."

After they have been moving for about a half hour or so, Planus says, "You know, if I were a dragon dominating a town, I would live closer to it. All this walking must drive it nuts!"

Remove ads