• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMs Guild [SOLVED] I have a question about DriveThruRPG's Royalty rates.

Go_Go_Roboto

First Post
I have been making small time content on DM'sGuild for a bit, but I found out that DriveThruRPG is a decent alternative, and even might give you higher royalties for your work! So I looked into this and found different information in the following official pages:

The top link has a recent date of February 23, 2021 17:20 with it. Does anyone know if this was a typo, or a recent change in policy (It almost looks like they just c/p'd the DMsGuild info, actually)? I've read many articles and pages, even official, cite it at 65-70% royalties. And if this is a real change, can you provide a link to somewhere like an article that talks on it?

A quick Google search hasn't offered an answer, but maybe I am missing something?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That’s an article about Community Content Programs (ie DMsGuild and others). The royalty rate on those is 50%.

If you are not using a community content program, and simply publishing yourself on DTRPG, the royalty to you is 70% if you are exclusive with them or 65% if you are not.

Go_Go_Roboto

First Post
Well, I guess some sleep deprivation makes you miss some details like that, thanks a ton!
That’s an article about Community Content Programs (ie DMsGuild and others). The royalty rate on those is 50%.

If you are not using a community content program, and simply publishing yourself on DTRPG, the royalty to you is 70% if you are exclusive with them or 65% if you are not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads