• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC So, when do the announce the July book? Guesses on what it'll be? 🤔

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If the past few books have been any indication, we'll be hearing about the next book in the cycle before Van Richten's is out.

So, when should we expect the new book to be announced?

And what will it be? Bonus points for citing evidence.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I’d guess we’ll hear about it in the next week or two. It will likely be a dragon-focused book. The two dragon-focused UAs are suggestive.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, we don't actually know a book is released July. There should be one, as otherwise the release schedule is a little wonky (a book in March, then May, but not July). But stranger things have happened!

Anyway, if there is one in July, it should be announced shortly before or after Van Richten's is out. Announcements I believe always happen on Tuesdays (sometimes a little hint or something on the days prior) and an Amazon template as well prior.

So my guess is May 11, the week before Ravenloft's release.

As for what it is, I'm going to say a monster book in the style of Volo's and Mordenkainen's, with some additional subclasses included. Heavy dragon theme, but it may also include fey material as well.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
If the past few books have been any indication, we'll be hearing about the next book in the cycle before Van Richten's is out.

So, when should we expect the new book to be announced?

And what will it be? Bonus points for citing evidence.
Something involving the Company Town known to the people of faerun as Lantan. Perkins talked a little about lantan & mentioned how it was deliberately on the map edge when they did the ToA map in a video a while back. My guess is either Arcane or the dragonmarked houses have setup a facility on a low regulation sphere & Given the presence of the warforged collosus in Rising along with how Perkins talks about mechs I suspect the dragonmarked houses are using it as a convienient way to avoid the limits imposed on them by Korth accords & treaty of thronehold in a beautiful bannana republic world that seems happily governed by a rotating succession of absentee warlords known as "adventurers". TCoE also mentions Lantan pretty heavily talking about artificers & such

edit: perkins not crawford & here's the video

Last edited:

Mercurius

Legend
As for what it is, I'm going to say a monster book in the style of Volo's and Mordenkainen's, with some additional subclasses included. Heavy dragon theme, but it may also include fey material as well.
This would be my guess as well.

In the Fall, we'll see another setting book (Magic) and an FR story arc, with the possibility of a third (or sixth for the year) surprise product of some kind. The Planes will be in 2022. IMO.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
This would be my guess as well.

In the Fall, we'll see another setting book (Magic) and an FR story arc, with the possibility of a third (or sixth for the year) surprise product of some kind. The Planes will be in 2022. IMO.

I'm doubtful there will be a Magic book this year. If patterns hold, then a Magic book would be released in November (as the annual adventure is always in September). The two most recent MtG releases at that time would be the Forgotten Realms set, and then the Innistrad sets. I am extremely skeptical that an Innistrad book will ever happen now that Ravenloft will be published (they simply overlap too much). Maybe the first set of 2021 will revisit a MtG plane and there will be cross-promotion there, but I'm still doubtful.

So I guess I think the the final book of 2021 will be another classic setting, one of the three they've said they're working on?

hopeless

Adventurer
Was wondering if they were going to release something based around the Feywild, setting wise if they are focusing on dragons that would suggest either Dragonlance or that other Dragon campaign setting.

I wish I could pick a specific one, but so far I've been well off target with their choices so far so...

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Was wondering if they were going to release something based around the Feywild, setting wise if they are focusing on dragons that would suggest either Dragonlance or that other Dragon campaign setting.

I wish I could pick a specific one, but so far I've been well off target with their choices so far so...
Combine with Weis and Hickman writing a new Dragons Trilogy since 2018 and withdrawing their $10 million Lawsuit against WotC late last year...

We'll probably see something Dragonlancey.

I suspect that if we see a July release for D&D this year, it’s going to be Forgotten Realms themed in one way or another and designed as a tie-in to the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set of Magic cards, which will be released on July 16.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads