• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Should I try Magic: The Gathering Forgotten Realms?

Yenrak

Explorer
I’ve been playing D&D since the 1980s but I’ve never played M:TG. Now I’ve got kids of my own and we play D&D together. I thought they might be into Magic: the Gathering but I am not sure where to start. Ideally, I’d like to start with the D&D flavored Forgotten Realms set. Is this a good idea? What should I buy? I noticed that there is a “gift bundle” that seems aimed at D&D players.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I’ve been playing D&D since the 1980s but I’ve never played M:TG. Now I’ve got kids of my own and we play D&D together. I thought they might be into Magic: the Gathering but I am not sure where to start. Ideally, I’d like to start with the D&D flavored Forgotten Realms set. Is this a good idea? What should I buy? I noticed that there is a “gift bundle” that seems aimed at D&D players.
Your best bet are the four "Commander" decks: no deck building involved, and Commander is a a more casual, multi-player format (up to five people playing at once, instead of yead to head).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads