• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Shadow of the Dragon Queen Preorder Report

Did you receive your preorder of Shadow of the Dragon Queen from the WotC store?

• Not yet

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Yes, I received it!

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I preordered elsewhere and didn't receive it yet

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I preordered elsewhere and received it!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I received the notice of shipping/tracking number

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Poll closed .

Mine arrived today :)
Edge of the box it all came in a little worn, but I am not keeping that, as it doesn’t close nicely so not bothered. Also storing wargame with other board game sized boxes, and book on DnD shelf

Last edited:

Sly Gryphon

Villager
I don't think anyone here has seen a delivery date of more than 10 days after release. While not the best, it's also not horrible, nor anywhere near 30 days, by any means. And, anyone with the bundle has already has had access to the book online for more than two weeks now, well ahead of those who didn't...

Many people still don't have their pre-orders (even though it has now been out in the shops for over a month).

I got an email saying "it shipped" on 03 Jan (28 days after release), and that they would send the tracking in a separate email. Still no tracking email though, and no product.

And I ordered in August; it seems like they are either working backwards (the people I've seen who have got it have said they ordered in November), i.e. shipping out the later orders, or in a random sequence. That seems like the backwards way of doing things.

Oh well, I will know for next time.

pukunui

Legend
Still haven't received my physical order yet, but I do have a working tracking number now. It indicates that as of Dec 22, it was "in route" to the US export warehouse. No updates since that date, so who knows where it is. Probably on a ship somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

Sly Gryphon

Villager
It indicates that as of Dec 22, it was "in route" to the US export warehouse.

Yeah, no idea how they have organised the shipping or anything. I pre-ordered very early (21 Aug), and I've seen reports from people who ordered much later and already have details, or the actual items.

As mentioned, I got an email saying "it shipped" on 03 Jan. I never got the email with the tracking number, but it did appear in my account on the order. At first the link didn't work (and I had to search for it myself), but now the link is working.

The first entry, from 03 Jan, is "In Route To US Export Warehouse", which I think means the label has been created, but the shipper has not actually received the item yet.

Unlike Pukunui, I actually have some events since then: 10 Jan has "Shipment Received by Partner Carrier" in Chicago (seems a long time to take a week to arrive at the exporter). The latest update is 12 Jan "En Route to Destination Country" (hopefully not a cargo ship that is going to take several weeks).

It is really difficult trying to understand what could possible have happened. It obviously wasn't late production or unavoidable transport delays -- because the physical product was available in plenty of shops on 06 Dec.

Now maybe they are not as efficient in retail compared to wholesale, but it's like they didn't even plan or prepare. And when they did start processing, they appear to have processed orders in a random sequence. They do have my order date (it's in the system), so I would have thought you would start with order #1 at the beginning of the queue and work from there.

Why it took them 28 days just to generate a tracking number for me makes no sense.

pukunui

Legend
As mentioned, I got an email saying "it shipped" on 03 Jan. I never got the email with the tracking number, but it did appear in my account on the order. At first the link didn't work (and I had to search for it myself), but now the link is working.
Yeah, that's what happened with me too. Never got the tracking number email, the tracking number in my account didn't work at first but now it is. I've got the APC shipping page info, but unfortunately no updates since Dec 22. (Mine was a fairly last minute preorder purchase.)

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, that's what happened with me too. Never got the tracking number email, the tracking number in my account didn't work at first but now it is. I've got the APC shipping page info, but unfortunately no updates since Dec 22. (Mine was a fairly last minute preorder purchase.)

I saw one on a table in a shop today in Dunners. Store was closed/not buying it (not OGL related I just don't like Dragonlance).

Remove ads