• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Sea Elf question

How "aquatic" are Sea Elves anyway? Are they amphibious and can live in air and under water?

As a culture there might be some sort of ritual that may change their ability to hold their breath for a while to full water breathing.

Or if water breathing is a heritage gift, a Paragon gift may be to grant someone the effect of the water breathing spell.

That's what I like with A5E... there are so many options where you may vary things and none of it has to be "wrong"
In 5e and earlier editions of D&D, Sea Elves were able to breathe both air and water. For A5e, my take on the Sea Elves has them being air-breathers who live in floating 'ship towns' that travel the seas. They can hold their breath for a period of time.

At 1st level, you learn the Circular Breathing cantrip.
Thanks for pointing out this cantrip. :) It works better than physically holding one's breath (which probably requires concentration to maintain) for a limited period of time, and gets better at certain levels.

I think you mean Shadow Elf Culture. Elf is a Heritage.

Remove ads