• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sakura Taisen D20 BESM/D20 Modern-Ideas required

I had recently seen the first OAVs again, and well, here's something that got in my head.

I had been planning to throw a different kind of campaign at my friends, and what better that one based on "Sakura Wars"? Maybe not in the 20's, or w/them as part of the Hanagumi (but knowing of their actions), but definitely them aganist the demons (who knows, maybe a "generations" kind of campaign?).

Now, well, here's where trouble starts for me. I needed help statting both the Kobus and the Hana girls, in both games (what I prefer the most would be to maintain the 'feeling' for them).

So, well, it's a crazy project, and any kind of help is accepted.

Just to start this thing going: The girls of the Hanagumi (D20 BESM)
Note that ALL of them have levels in Mecha Pilot-so I'll just list what other classes they would have.
-Sakura: Samurai.
-Kanna: Martial Artist.
-Maria: Gun Bunny.
-Kohran: Tech Genius.
-Iris: Sorcerer? (Definitely trade all spells for Psionics).
-Sumire: Dunno. Maybe Samurai or something (focusing on her Naginata art?).

The trouble also lies in the facty they're singer/actresses. That would require a) a lot of Perform Skill, or b) a specific "actress" class of some sort.

Well, that's my two cents for now. Any ideas?

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
... what the HECK are you talking about?

Maybe some references, links to the ... source material ... you're working with, etc.

I've just never really heard of any of the stuff you're trying to create.

--fje

Khorod

First Post
He's trying to stat out an Anime called Sakura Wars using some combination of BESM and Modern, and simultaneously seems to be asking for how to houserule BESM or modern to better reflect the series for a game.

Its a little on the specific side for here. I suggest 1) Focusing on putting together a Modern Anime ruleset. BESM definitely needs tweaking. And 2) Visiting the Guardians of Order messageboards.

Particularly as there you are more likely to find a population with enough exposure to Sakura Wars to actually help.

Maybe it was somewhat of my fault for not explaining how the setting was or something (gomen, then). Here goes in a nutshell:
It's a steampunk setting, occuring in a very different Japan in the 1920's (somewhere between 1926 and '29), and it's under an invasion of demons.
Enter the 'Division'. They fight them off using a sort of custom-made steam/psionic-powered power armors.

Now, then, like I said, sorry on my part. If nothing else, I'd like then some help on this thing:
could someone please point me to some free power armor and/or steampunk rules?

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
marcoasalazarm said:
Maybe it was somewhat of my fault for not explaining how the setting was or something (gomen, then). Here goes in a nutshell:
It's a steampunk setting, occuring in a very different Japan in the 1920's (somewhere between 1926 and '29), and it's under an invasion of demons.
Enter the 'Division'. They fight them off using a sort of custom-made steam/psionic-powered power armors.

Now, then, like I said, sorry on my part. If nothing else, I'd like then some help on this thing:
could someone please point me to some free power armor and/or steampunk rules?

Can't help regarding the rules, but I can help regarding the setting. The movies and later OVA series introduced the fact that the invasion of demons was a global problem, and while Japan was at the forefront of efforts to fight back, numerous nations field their own Hanagumi teams. IIRC, the US, France, and Germany specifically were shown to have such teams, either in showing their power armor in the show or through the presentation of characters what were pilots for those foreign national teams.

Well, I certainly didn't knew that (I mean, I mentioned having the first OVAs-I'll get the mangas soon, but that's all I have for the moment). Thanks for the info, and I hope we can still cooperate on this (I planned to post it here as a file or something).

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
marcoasalazarm said:
Well, I certainly didn't knew that (I mean, I mentioned having the first OVAs-I'll get the mangas soon, but that's all I have for the moment). Thanks for the info, and I hope we can still cooperate on this (I planned to post it here as a file or something).

Well, there's no need to wait until you can get your hands on videos or manga. You can always get episode guides and synopses online, such as the ones found at http://www.sakuraarchives.com:82/default.asp

Master your google-fu!

Two new D20M Weapons based on SakTai.

They were designed for another setting I'm working on, but they're definitely based on (one) weapon that appears on the Sakura Taisen series:

R&R, please.

HAKUBI CUSTOMS "GABRIEL" DUAL SMG.
-DAMAGE: 2d6/2d6.
-CRITICAL: 20/20.
-DAMAGE TYPE: BALLISTIC/BALLISTIC.
-RANGE INCREMENT: 50 ft./50 ft.
-RATE OF FIRE: S,A. /S,A.
-MAGAZINE: 34 Box/34 Box.
-SIZE: Large.
-WEIGHT: 12 lb.
-PURCHASE DC: 22.
-RESTRICTION: Lic (+1).
The "Gabriel" is a custom-designed replica by Washu, based on the machinegun wielded by "Sakura Wars" character Erica Fontaine.
It is a rifle mount wielding two Sterling L2 sub-machine guns, mounted side-by-side. The modifications to them include a slight size reduce, a reversed feed (so one of the Sterlings is loaded from the right side), Uzi-style ammo clips and an only trigger assembly (so both Sterlings fire simultaneously).
A limited edition of the "Gabriel" comes in a special case with an authentication certificate and picture signed by Washu and Erica (Purchase Dc 25, no extra game benefits-maybe a bonus to Rep when amongst other "Sakura Wars" fans, GM call).
-RULES: The "Gabriel" is a linked weapon, when the character fires, he fires both Strlings simultaneously.
Only one attack roll is made for the weapon, Autofire attacks are rolled as one weapon only. If the weapon hits, damage is rolled separately. Criticals apply as normal.

HAKUBI CUSTOMS "FONTAINE SPECIAL".
-DAMAGE: 2d6.
-CRITICAL: 20.
-DAMAGE TYPE: Ballistic.
-RANGE INCREMENT: 40 ft.
-RATE OF FIRE: S, A.
-MAGAZINE: 30 Box/30 Box.
-SIZE: Large.
-WEIGHT: 8 Lb.
-PURCHASE DC: 22.
-RESTRICTION: Lic (+1).
Still based on the "Gabriel" machinegun, the weapon has been designed with more conventional tactics in mind (regardless of actual target), more rugged and with only one barrel that feeds on two ammo clips.
The design is produced by Washu and by Japan-based Kanzaki Heavy Industries, which has been licensed for production. The Kanzaki design, named "Erica", is the same except that the gun has a matte-black finish and is equipped with a red-dot laser and reflex sights.
RULES: This weapon has the Variable Ammunition Gadget added to it, and so cannot be added again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads