• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Sacred Cows: Ability Scores

Scribe

Legend
D&D is selling better than it ever has and, to the best of my knowledge, shows no signs of slowing down. I don't see why they would make drastic changes when they're on top of the world.
I'd agree, but there seems to be a segment of the player base that wants more change.

If so, I would rather those changes be done quicker, instead of a small adjustment over every 6 months or something.

Mostly I'm quibbling over a few things but if people can't leave them alone, the remove the whole lot and see what happens. :D

Sorry I overlooked the tag.

But what aren't we talking about True 20? It has everything we want. It even eliminated hit points.

I've always wanted to play it with someone...anyone. But, alas I find no one interested. But then again, I can't get anybody to play anything but Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder.

In the past I suggested to add more abilities scores to allow an easier adaptation from other systems. At least it could be showed as an optional rule for players who want to test new ideas, or to mix d20 system with other games.

- Acuity(Acu) would be perception and astuteness, very important in stories where the PCs have to investigate misteries to discover the truth. It is a creativity and fast mind, for example to improvise an excuse. With Wisdom you can notice what is the right or wrong choise but with astuteness you are better in social manipulations or to notice who is lying. Acuity would be very useful for investigators characters, not only to discover the clues but to interpret the signals correctly.

- Spirit(Spi) would be karma/luck/fate/faith-piety/divine grace-blessing and courage (this is important in horror games). With Wisdom the PCs make self-control to stop himself before a wrong or risky action, and courage it self-control check to dare to take a step, for example to attack the undead. Wisdom would be more linked with the good sense, serenity, sanity and within peace.

Remove ads