• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ZEITGEIST Psionics in Zeitgeist

Colmarr

First Post
While chatting with one of my co-players after a session, he revealed that he's considering playing an ardent in my upcoming Zeitgeist campaign.

Upon reflection, I realised that I haven't heard any mention of psionics in Zeitgeist.

Any chance someone would like to post a new factoid or sneak peek?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't think we do anything special with psionics (Ryan can correct me if I'm wrong); doesn't stop a player playing one, of course.

Because some people irrationally hate all things with silent P's, I've generally avoided mentioning anything psionic, but it's perfectly available. What little psionics gets mentioned is presented as newly-developed powers, part of a change in culture striving to take 'magic' away from institutions of religion and secretive wizards.

Psychic powers are supposed to be things anyone can unlock, but most people claiming to have them are charlatans. A few rare folks, also, can conjure power from the gestalt ideology of those who adhere to a particular philosophy. Basically, psychics are philosophers.

Attachments

• Spirit Medium.doc
    32 KB · Views: 150

Colmarr

First Post
Thanks for the replies.

Oh, and: Holy :):):):)! Unfinished Business is nasty. Having just come through a combat against a bone naga last night, I dread having PCs turn monster at-wills against me :eek:

Redbadge

Explorer
Seeing as Colmarr had such an easy time conjuring up a preview, I thought I'd try my hand at it. Can we get another sneak peek sometime in the next few days, to sate my growing appetite as I await the release of the Zeitgeist Introductory Pack. I myself am eagerly looking forward to seeing the Yerasol War Veteran theme, as I plan on playing a dashing swordsman thief with the Gritty Sergeant background (for awesome flavor and rapier proficiency) multiclassed into fighter.

In exchange, I've decided to go ahead and subscribe to Enworld right this instance, as I've been putting it off for a little while now.

Seeing as Colmarr had such an easy time conjuring up a preview, I thought I'd try my hand at it. Can we get another sneak peek sometime in the next few days, to sate my growing appetite as I await the release of the Zeitgeist Introductory Pack. I myself am eagerly looking forward to seeing the Yerasol War Veteran theme, as I plan on playing a dashing swordsman thief with the Gritty Sergeant background (for awesome flavor and rapier proficiency) multiclassed into fighter.

In exchange, I've decided to go ahead and subscribe to Enworld right this instance, as I've been putting it off for a little while now.

I'll put something up tonight. If you're playing, Redbadge, who'll be running the campaign for you?

Redbadge

Explorer
I'll put something up tonight. If you're playing, Redbadge, who'll be running the campaign for you?

I normally DM long campaigns for my brother, my wife, her brother, and two close friends (they're currently 9th level in a Dark Sun campaign, and I've also run the entirety of Revenge of the Giants, and all of H1-P2). Since 4e came out, I've played in three short adventures, about 9 or 10 sessions in total. So, I've talked my brother-in-law and best friend into finally running a true campaign. I wanted to play in a professionally designed AP, and originally we were leaning towards Paizo's Kingmaker (I don't think he'd have a problem converting it), but Zeitgeist completely won me over when I found it. It didn't take much to talk my DM (it sounds good saying that) into running it, though both he and I are getting a little impatient:D.

He hardly ever comes onto Enworld, and hasn't registered with the site yet. I agreed to purchase the subscription, though obviously I won't actually be reading the adventures. I hadn't thought that about that before, but I hope it's not a problem for Enworld administration if I let him download all the stuff using my account.

The Spirit Medium tends to get little cues and tidbits of interesting information throughout the adventures, whereas the Yerasol Veteran gets strong hooks to the nation of Risur and city of Flint.

Attachments

• Yerasol Veteran.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 125

Colmarr

First Post
Benefit: If you choose Yerasol Veteran as your character’s theme, the party’s Prestige with Risur starts at 2 instead of 1.

(My underlining)

I'm intrigued by what the underlined text implies about the nature of the adventure path. As if waiting for Zeitgest wasn't driving me mad already!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads