• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Paranormal Power and Psionic Heritages/Cultures

So... little playful tidbit from Paranormal Power:

The characters with wild hair colors are Elan. I worked on that release with Josh, and he worked with me on Paranormal Power. We slipped the Elan into both books.

Also the Thoughtform Sorcerer image? Is a Talos, from Dose of Dungeonpunk.

Now we just need to wait for you to know what the girl with the red lines on her face is from another release.
I hadn't fully looked into the slice of psionics book, are they compatible w/ the ParaPwr content since they were both worked on together? or are they diff attempts/looks at the psionic system independent of each other?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I hadn't fully looked into the slice of psionics book, are they compatible w/ the ParaPwr content since they were both worked on together? or are they diff attempts/looks at the psionic system independent of each other?
The Slice of Psionics book focuses entirely on the Elan as a psychic heritage with traits like telepathy and other psychic options, but they don't have powers in the way an Esper does, no.

Take Psionic Resilience, for example. You gain a number of d6s equal to your proficiency bonus and when you take damage you can use a reaction to roll one or more dice plus Int, Wis, or Cha and reduce the damage by the rolled amount. And regain those dice on a long rest.

They're not psi dice being used for a different purpose. It's just a straight heritage ability with a psionic flavor, and not a separate psionic system.

The Slice of Psionics book focuses entirely on the Elan as a psychic heritage with traits like telepathy and other psychic options, but they don't have powers in the way an Esper does, no.

Take Psionic Resilience, for example. You gain a number of d6s equal to your proficiency bonus and when you take damage you can use a reaction to roll one or more dice plus Int, Wis, or Cha and reduce the damage by the rolled amount. And regain those dice on a long rest.

They're not psi dice being used for a different purpose. It's just a straight heritage ability with a psionic flavor, and not a separate psionic system.
ahhh...ok, fair enough. Thanks for the answer regardless! (y)

Remove ads