• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo fail to deliver in Europe

Myrddyn

First Post
I know how you feel, hammer of ulric... Me and a friend of mine have the same problem...

It just amazes me how little respect a (European) customer is apparently entitled to...

First of all, my (paid-for) magazines just stop comming... No information or apology, from none of the involved companies... until I myself address Johnny Wilson about this problem...

And the information I get is something along the lines of "Tough luck ! Get another subscription from the US if you want your magazines... We'll see about a possible refund later..."

I feel cheated...

:mad:

DDK

Banned
Banned
Myrddyn said:
It just amazes me how little respect a (European) customer is apparently entitled to...
How has Paizo disrespected you? There are other companies involved that are causing these problems and therefore perhaps your anger should be directed at them.

Myrddyn said:
First of all, my (paid-for) magazines just stop comming... No information or apology, from none of the involved companies... until I myself address Johnny Wilson about this problem...
It has been mentioned more than several times in numerous threads about this issue that Paizo doesn't have access to the subscriber database. How are they meant to send anything out to you if they don't have a clue who you are?

Myrddyn said:
And the information I get is something along the lines of "Tough luck ! Get another subscription from the US if you want your magazines... We'll see about a possible refund later..."
Well, I think you're probably reading a lot into that. I've criticized Johnny before for the way he handles things however at worst I could only accuse him of wearing his heart on his sleeve instead of putting out a business face at all times. That's hardly the persona of someone who doesn't care and is just out to rip you off.

So far, through the dozens of threads and responses from Paizo and associates that I've seen, what I've seen is nothing short of a company that has fallen in a ditch and is doing its best to climb out and yet all around the edges are hyenas pecking at any finger that reaches the edge.

Myrddyn said:
I feel cheated...
As I would and you have every right to be. However, I think you should put more effort into finding out WHO to blame before going off and blaming the first person to enter your sights.

Johnny has readily explained that it's a complex issue that he's trying his best to work through speedily. Now, that may just be a company line, but the personality he has exhibited in other forums here and in emails is one that doesn't speak of treachery and deceit, at least not to me, so I say the least you can do, is give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bagpuss

Legend
Re: Re: Re: Johnny L Wilson is lying about privacy laws

Roland Delacroix said:
Now all they have to do is prove in a court of law that the statement made them lose money.

Well I doubt it would be possible to prove that the statement made them lose any more european customers, than they have managed to do already, by their handling of this matter.

Golandrinel

First Post
Ahhhh!

That's why it's been so hard to find.

I would expect that some hobby stores import the mags from resellers overseas ... the hunt begins...

Myrddyn

First Post
Fourecks said:

How has Paizo disrespected you? There are other companies involved that are causing these problems and therefore perhaps your anger should be directed at them.

I haven't singled out Paizo with that statement Fourecks... I meant to encompass ALL the companies involved ! And for how they disrespected me... Well I paid money in exchange for magazines, and suddenly I don't get the magazines anymore. Doing this, without even notifying the customer (like I am too) is in my view a lack of respect...

Fourecks said:

It has been mentioned more than several times in numerous threads about this issue that Paizo doesn't have access to the subscriber database. How are they meant to send anything out to you if they don't have a clue who you are?

Again you seem to think I made lunge at Paizo and Paizo alone... Not true.. see above. I can only state the facts : I paid and I ain't receiving magazines... and for that I feel cheated.

Fourecks said:

Well, I think you're probably reading a lot into that. I've criticized Johnny before for the way he handles things however at worst I could only accuse him of wearing his heart on his sleeve instead of putting out a business face at all times. That's hardly the persona of someone who doesn't care and is just out to rip you off.

So far, through the dozens of threads and responses from Paizo and associates that I've seen, what I've seen is nothing short of a company that has fallen in a ditch and is doing its best to climb out and yet all around the edges are hyenas pecking at any finger that reaches the edge.

Again this ain't a personal crusade against Paizo or Johnny Wilson or whoever... Jeezus !
Was or wasn't that what the info boiled down to ? "Get another subscription and we'll see about a refund later ?"

And about the hyenas... Sorry, but I don't think there is any way you can make me feel guilty for complaining that I didn't get something I paid for.

Fourecks said:

As I would and you have every right to be. However, I think you should put more effort into finding out WHO to blame before going off and blaming the first person to enter your sights.

Johnny has readily explained that it's a complex issue that he's trying his best to work through speedily. Now, that may just be a company line, but the personality he has exhibited in other forums here and in emails is one that doesn't speak of treachery and deceit, at least not to me, so I say the least you can do, is give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fourecks... Plz stop assuming that I'm waging war on Paizo and Johnny Wilson ! Nowhere in that entire post have I mentioned Paizo or J. Wilson...
Don't turn things upside down.. I'm not out to bring down him or his company (Like I could..) BUT what I AM out for is to voice my complaints in the hope somebody actually gets this whole issue solved...

:mad:

hammer of ulric

First Post
Who else should we blame?!

JOHNNY HAS LIED
(European privacy laws do not stop him sending out Dragon and Dungeon magazines. Money hasn't moved where its supposed to.))

JOHNNY HAS FAILED TO KEEP US INFORMED
(There is nothing about this whole disaster on the Paizo website. This has all been revealed, or not, on fan sites.))

JOHNNY HAS FAILED
(He promised the problems would be resolved. They have now decided to abandon us, at least for the time being.)

I accept that Paizo aren't the only ones at fault here, but Johnny hasn't even had the honesty to name names.

What are European subscribers supposed to think? The man and his company are either naive to the point of incompetence, or a bunch of fraudsters.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

If you think it's not Johnny's fault (at least in part) you'll probably resubscribe once it is all sorted out, however long that might take.

I won't be, because I have no faith that he can sort out adequate distribution routes. I'll pay more at my local newsagent, but at least I'll get what I pay for.

Hammer of Ulric

Last edited:

Remove ads