• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Resident Evil Movie - Spoilers Within

Angelsboi

First Post
Saw the movie last night and i must say. It was VERY accurate. There is NO Supercomputer Virus as we all thought. Just the good ole T Virus.

Althougth my thoughts are this:

1) The Red Queen is based off of Sherry Birkins (Resident Evil 2)

2) The mansion they are in is the mansion from RE 1 (The Umbrella lab WAS beneath the mansion and it was called the Spencer Estate (Her hubbys name was Spence).

3) At the end, the doctore wanted a group to go rebreech the Hive and find out what happened. (RE 1??)

4) She was out long enough for Racoon City to be destroyed so that would put her between RE 2 and RE 3. Remember the game goes like this:

RE 1
RE 3 (until Jill loses consciousness)
RE 2
RE 3 (Jill gains consciousness)
RE Veronica

5) Ada Wong used to work for Umbrella as a spy. She did too. Ada maybe? We never did find out her name (although i could go to IMDB and find out)

6) Max the cop was turning into Nemesis. Is that the REAL Reason Nemesis is stalking the STARS??

Regdar

First Post
Bah, watch the credits.

She is not Ada, it's Alice watch the credits.

The street scene is the same one in both RE 2 and 3. RE 2 and 3 take place at the same time.

The Nemesis was dropped in, from a chopper.

Max was a reporter portraying a cop.

If you watched the movie, you would have saw the rat holes where the rats that took the virus out into the city went.

Lazarus Long

First Post
And it also sucked donkeys.

The only good thing in that movie (if you'll excuse the mysogany) was Milla's naked bits.

Not enough blood
not enough action
not enough of anything we didn't see in the trailors (again, except Milla's nekkidness).

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I'm tempted to go for two reasons: I like movies like this (game-based or comic-based), and Michelle Rodriguez (she's fantastic-looking, and is a good actress also).

Hattersai

First Post
This movie rocked but I am biast. I have played and beat every RE game(yes even Survivor), read every book, etc.

It was a good adaptation of the game. I hope they keep making these movies for I will watch everyone of them.

Tetsubo

First Post
I went to see it today and rather enjoyed it. I've never played any of the RE games. Heck I haven't played a console RPG since the original Nintendo system. As an SF film I thought RE failed. But as a zombie movie it was a lot of fun. And looking at Milla Jovovich for two hours wasn't hard either. I liked the high tech lab setting, the gloomy underground mood and the films pacing.

As a comparison I saw Blade II yesterday. I enjoyed RE quite a bit more. But than I'm more of a zombie fan than a vampire fan. Zombies are more terrifying to me. Their relentless nature is more effective in scaring me.

And Milla Jovovich is a whole lot better looking than Wesley Snipes. :D

Neowolf

First Post
Just thought I'd clear up one point: the RE movie isn't a direct adaptation of any of the games, it's actually a new piece in the story the games have been telling. The interesting thing about RE is that each installment isn't necessarily in chronological order: often they advance the story through events that happen simultaneously. :)

Remove ads