• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Art History. Need Term Paper Ideas

Sulimo

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Another idea is to do a comparison of coind from a particular area over a period of time, or from a variety of places during a particular time. Alexander (is 4th century BCE too late?) is depicted on coins ranging from India to North Africa during his life and the years following, for example.

Yeah, the depictions of Alexander in art from all the people's he came into contact with is quite an interesting subject.

MythandLore

First Post
Rollo Le Brun said:
I say go Etruscan! I'm not an expert but very little about the Etruscans ever seems to make it to the general public. I've seen some interesting things about their need for the beautification of everything, including architecture/tombs.
If your working on your second Bull S#*@ degree why are you worried about 5 pages?;)
Luck!
There was just a HUGE exibit on the Etruscans that I saw a few weeks ago at the Bouers (spelling?) museum near where I live.
It was great, it had everything, EVERYTHING!
They had 2 of the Dead Sea Scrolls in some special "Holyland" exibit at the same time too.
I was amazed at how many people were there to see two small maggled peices of parchment.

Re: Re: [OT] Art History. Need Term Paper Ideas

MythandLore said:

Umm... Why do you need a second B.S. degree?

Because I tried for SEVEN years to get a job with my first degree. And because I couldn't afford the debt load to go for a Masters. And my degree wasn't from some backwater school, nor was it in basket weaving. I got a degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Davis. I'm in the top 2% in the nation in math (which, sadly, puts me as a B student in my major :) ). My second degree is in management (it started out business administration, but they decided to change the name midway through the year). Even with that, I'm still doing clerk work. Mind you, it's VERY well paid clerk work (I work in Marin county, which pays about 20-50% more than the S.F. bay area average), but I really want to be doing accounting, not accounting clerk.

tetsujin28

First Post
Why not do a paper on the evolution of Japanese temple architecture? A fascinating subject, if I do say so myself. Personally, I think it's a shame that you can't do one on Byzantine art, but the world's not always fair.

MythandLore

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [OT] Art History. Need Term Paper Ideas

Heretic Apostate said:

Because I tried for SEVEN years to get a job with my first degree. And because I couldn't afford the debt load to go for a Masters. And my degree wasn't from some backwater school, nor was it in basket weaving. I got a degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Davis. I'm in the top 2% in the nation in math (which, sadly, puts me as a B student in my major :) ). My second degree is in management (it started out business administration, but they decided to change the name midway through the year). Even with that, I'm still doing clerk work. Mind you, it's VERY well paid clerk work (I work in Marin county, which pays about 20-50% more than the S.F. bay area average), but I really want to be doing accounting, not accounting clerk.

My brother is going to UCDavis right now, he's getting his BS in Genetics.
It's hard to believe you couldn't get a job with a degree in Applied Mathematics, management is a good thing to be getting a degree in though.
Just don't be a jackaz.
Pretty much every manager and administrator is a jackaz.
Well, good luck! ;)

MythandLore

First Post
Okay, here's an easy paper, anyone can write, for the class your taking.
Compare and Contrast Egyption and Greek Temples or Sculptures.
Simple, to the point, not hard, but it shows you listened in class.
Five pages plus should be easy. ;)
-And you can take that all the way to the bank!- :)

MythandLore

First Post
Heretic Apostate said:
you take bits of tile and put them into plaster to create a picture, to be distinguished from mosaics, where you dab paint into plaster)
Frescos?

BTW_________ADDED_________
Frescos are when you paint on plaster.
Mosaics are when you make a picture with tiles or glass.

Last edited:

Re: Re: [OT] Art History. Need Term Paper Ideas

MythandLore said:

Frescos?

BTW_________ADDED_________
Frescos are when you paint on plaster.
Mosaics are when you make a picture with tiles or glass.

Which is why I was a math major, rather than an English major. :) As I stated, I have trouble remembering words. They're just outside my reach, and I KNOW the words, but they just won't come. Makes it heck to start talking, and suddenly have a word I need slip away. :(

Remove ads