• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Angel

Crothian

First Post
No, I think that's episode 17 of 22 if my counts right. We do have a few weeks of reruns, though, I'm sorry to say.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I like Holtz ... as the the villain I love to hate.

I wonder what will happen to Wesley? The fact that he played a part in the abduction, even though he did not know Holtz's true intent or plan, basically spell the end of his character once "daddy" Angel get his hands wrapped around his neck.

I would do that if my child has been abducted, first-degree murder with the possbility of a death penalty in Texas (that is, if I was living there) be damned.

It would be interesting ... and tragic ... to see if the prophecy translated by Wesley will come to fruition. I can see Holtz training the child to become a Vampire Hunter ... like Blade?

Speaking of Blade, the next sequel is coming out pretty soon ... March 22.

P.S. That misguided vampire hunter girl who got into the trade because her twin sister was killed by a vampire? Lose her, as well as the actress.

Wolfspider

Explorer
And what's that time-hopping demon's problem anyway?

Sheesh! What an attitude! The way he treated Angel you'd think that the demon was abandoned by his father as a child and left to survive in a hell dimension with a demented mentor or something.

Hmmm.... :D

Henry@home

First Post
Ranger REG said:
I would do that if my child has been abducted, first-degree murder with the possbility of a death penalty in Texas (that is, if I was living there) be damned.

Yes, but then, your child doesn't smell like food to you. (I hope.) :)

Wes was doing what he thoguht was right - even if he wasn't. And in doing so, he played right into the hands of one of the oldest plot devices since Oedipus Rex - Self-Fulfilling Prophecy.

see www.scoopme.com for a really great forum on both Buffy and Angel. Some of the most intelligent discussion on the web about these shows.

Seaver

First Post
Ranger REG said:

It would be interesting ... and tragic ... to see if the prophecy translated by Wesley will come to fruition. I can see Holtz training the child to become a Vampire Hunter ... like Blade?

The thing is Wesley was misguided. Remember he had translated it wrong. The true translation was that the father would devour the son.

By the time Wesley took Connor the prophecy had already come true and passed, the laced blood.

Besides if it came down to Angel killing Connor or vice versa I think Angel would let Connor kill him.

I do have a question though. What are the exact conditions that unleash Angelis? Is it possible that if they do get Connor back safe and sound that Angel's love of a father for his son could trigger the change?

Jhamin

First Post
Seaver said:
I do have a question though. What are the exact conditions that unleash Angelis? Is it possible that if they do get Connor back safe and sound that Angel's love of a father for his son could trigger the change?

Angel will forever revert to Angelis if he experiences a moment of true happiness, his curse will be broken and his soul will depart. This happened when he slept with Buffy. Ms. Calendar was able to find the origional curse that made him into Angel before he killed her and Willow than re-cursed him.

I suppose that a fathers love might have the same effect as the moment of clouds and rain, but given how much is going on it is likely that any happiness Angel feels is going to be tempered by a deep fear for his son's future.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Henry@home said:
Yes, but then, your child doesn't smell like food to you. (I hope.) :)
Well, if you're a vampire with a soul and some crooked law firm started spiking your pig's blood with your son's, you can't help it.

A clever plan, though, if not devious.

Jamdin

Explorer
It would be interesting if the demon turns out to be Connor. I liked this episode but I do hope Wes lives because I getting to like him. I do wish Cordelia would get back soon.

Remove ads