• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Am I the only one who is getting excited for Star Wars - Attack of the Clones

King_Stannis

Explorer
There seems to be a real subdued build-up for this movie. It seems every time it's brought up on the boards here, people immediately start blasting Episode I and saying that George Lucas doesn't know what he's doing anymore. I hear talk of a nebulous "one-week boycott"....

Personally, I am getting a little pumped-up for Episode II.

Am I the only one?

Zerovoid

First Post
I would say that I'm sort of excited, but its never going to be like the hype before Episode 1. I'll definately go see the movie when it comes out. Also, I don't think the Star Wars hype machine has sprung into full effect yet. Maybe after the new trailer this sunday, people will get more excited. Really though, people are still disillusioned from Episode 1, so reactions will be much more tempered this time around.

Jezrael

First Post
I'm actively trying NOT to get pumped up, in much the same way I refused to watch trailers for Fellowship of the Ring. Esp. given the fact that Lucasfilm/Fox doesn't realize that trailers aren't supposed to give away all the good stuff right away.

I don't want to hype myself up so much that I hate the movie no matter what.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
A few years ago (before Ep I), I wouldn't have believed it possible, but I'm generally disinterested. Actually, I find I'm a bit depressed by how little I care.

NiTessine

Explorer
Well, the trailers were rather disappointing.
I'm going to see it in the theatres, but I doubt it's very good. Maybe it'll surprise me, who knows?
At least a John Williams soundtrack can't be bad. And the light sabre battles in Episode I were pretty cool.
But still, I doubt.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I'm filled more with a sense of dread than excitement. Although people probably won't believe this, I probably wont go and see it at all in the theatres.

I remember pushing my way into a crowded theatre to see The Phantom Menace a few years back. My disappointment with that movie was complete and crushing. Everything that I've read so far about the new movie indicates to me that it will be more of the same.

I've decided to save myself the heartbreak and just not see it in the theatres. When it comes out on video I'll give it a look. If it actually is an ok movie, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Personally I'm looking forward to it. I've loved the trailers so far. I also enjoyed Episode I. Yes it was a bit childish, but so were the originals.

This Trilogy is following exactly what Lucas said it would early on. The first one would show a young Anakins begining. The second would be a bit of a love story and the last one will be very dark as it shows Anakins consumption by the darkside.

Remove ads