• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Online Play

KholdstareLTTP

First Post
So, I dm 5e twice a week online, and play once a week. Our sessions aren't long, but thanks to physical distance and now the pandemic, in-person play is impossible for our group. I'm fascinated by the possibilities that Level Up offers with Advanced 5e, and have been lurking for a while now watching new posts and some of the more interesting discussions. However, one thing I haven't seen discussed at all yet is how it will function with online play. By far my favorite feature of 5e is the ease of access that DNDBeyond offers. They may not be officially sponsored, but the systems that they offer are robust, easy to learn, and allow for homebrew. As far as I know, nobody has mentioned anything about a partnership with DNDBeyond or an alternative to it, and it's kind of a deal breaker for me. Appreciated, Kholdstare.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We’re a long way off being able to announce anything like that, but we’ve definitely got our eye on various VTTs.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Just quickly want to jump in and say that I'd be more than happy to choose an applicable higher tier during the kickstarter to gain a Fantasy Grounds module for Level Up. I'm sure you have many other priorities right now, but wanted to let you know that there is certainly interest for something like that out here :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
(Also I'm pretty sure that 'official' DDB support is not possible, but don't forget that this game is 100% compatible with O5E).

Remove ads