• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OD&D OD&D Water Termites!!!!

johnsemlak

First Post
In my thread in the conversions forum on coverting X4, I needed to convert the Water Termite of OD&D (found in the Expert Booklet)

Here's a rough start I made
I had a very rough set of notes I used for the session. I made them a diminuative vermin, HD 1+1, AC 17, Melee +0 Bite, Dmg 1-2 or 1-3 hull damage, plus poison (DC 12, nauseates for 1-2 rounds).
I ruled that the Termites bite on a wooden hull bypasses the hardness rating and automatically does damage the ship.

I know a lot of people are busy in this forum with more interesting monsters than termites but anyone want to offer some opinions on this?

diaglo

Adventurer
they look more like a trap/obstacle when you convert them to 3.11ed for Workgroups.

much like green slime, yellow mold, and rot grubs became.

johnsemlak

First Post
Well, they are a moving creature, 1' long, so I think they should be a monster in D&D terms. Uber-giant termites obviously.

Didn't really like classics like Green Slime and Yellow Mold going in that direction anyway.

diaglo

Adventurer
johnsemlak said:
Well, they are a moving creature, 1' long, so I think they should be a monster in D&D terms. Uber-giant termites obviously.

you're right. maybe they should get the swarm treatment. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads