• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-lethal damage and Disabled (0 hp)

redkobold

Explorer
I am sure the nld topic has been beaten to death (no pun intended) but let me know your house rules or point me to a thread with some good options.

The d20 modern is the worst but standard d20 is ok but has anyone come up with something more interesting?

The "Disabled" condition has also always bugged me. How often has your character gotten reduced to exactly 0 hit points. I like the effects of Disabled but would like to see some other variants of its use or more conditions that represent weakened characters.

Phlebas

First Post
A lot of folks use disabled from 0 to -[con bonus] which i use IMC

I've also seen 0 to -level, (with death at -10 -level, or -con-level)

NLD disabled could work the same - if your HP>NLD=>OK, HP=NLD to HP+[con bonus]=nld => disabled, HP+[con bonus] <NLD => unconscious

I like con bonus as its simple - disadvantage is that it doesn't scale with level the way damage does...

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
You could use FORT Save. That wouldn't max out until at least L16 and makes complete sense.

That is, a character is disabled from 0 to -[FORT Save] HP and unconscious thereafter. Characters with a FORT Save of 10+ just keep kickin' no matter what.

Also need to consider what effect that would have on the Die Hard feat.

Remove ads