• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) New to A5e—surveys still wanted for older material?

niklinna

satisfied?
I've been away from D&D for a while now, but just stumbled upon Level Up and it looks interesting. I've skimmed some of the playtest documents and am going to start digging into them more, but before I go filling out any surveys, is that info still wanted for the older documents?

I'm particularly keen to see what combat looks like in A5E, as that's what killed my interest in 5E and PF2. Both campaigns I was in were 80% or more combat, which usually consisted of waiting, and waiting, for other players to decide what to do and execute it, and then I'd more often than not just whiff the roll, with few tools to boost my chances when I needed (which both of my current games—Torg Eternity and Blades in the Dark—excel at).

Also if there are any groups looking for playtesters, feel free to ping me. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and familiar with roll20.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If it's after a couple of months after a survey, we've probably already tallied up the survey data and produced our revised version of the document for the final book.

I've been away from D&D for a while now, but just stumbled upon Level Up and it looks interesting. I've skimmed some of the playtest documents and am going to start digging into them more, but before I go filling out any surveys, is that info still wanted for the older documents?

I'm particularly keen to see what combat looks like in A5E, as that's what killed my interest in 5E and PF2. Both campaigns I was in were 80% or more combat, which usually consisted of waiting, and waiting, for other players to decide what to do and execute it, and then I'd more often than not just whiff the roll, with few tools to boost my chances when I needed (which both of my current games—Torg Eternity and Blades in the Dark—excel at).

Also if there are any groups looking for playtesters, feel free to ping me. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and familiar with roll20.
Level Up is compatible with 5e. It adds more options and flexibility, but combat is basically the same (though the did recently preview the combat section). I think that increased flexibility does probably give more was to boost roll (not 100% sure in that); however, I really haven’t heard of failing to succeed be any issue with 5e. Most seem to think it is too hard to fail in 5e. And then when you throw I in Advantage it is really is to succeed. Heck, on of the most OP feats is so good because it almost always better to take -5 to hit in your roll to gain a +10 to damage.

Remove ads