• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Negative Energy Channeling and Low Level Normals

WayneLigon

Adventurer
So, it happens now and again that your moderate level evil cleric pops off that massive thirty-foot-radius blast of negative energy in a globe around himself while in the confines of, say, a tavern or inn full of normal 5-10hp people who have the Will Save of a turnip. So they wind up taking, say, about three times as many HP as they could possibly have.

What's the effect you use? Do people just expire and drop, rot and fall over, turn to dust, blow up in a Cronenberg-esque fountain of gore, or what?

Kinak

First Post
I flavor it based on the cleric's god. So a god of battle, they might suffer woulds from invisible opponents. A god of death, they might shrivel to bones then collapse to dust. A god of shadows, darkness might descend over the area for a moment, then when it lifts they're just gone.

I do that with all channeling, though. At the very least, I describe it as an appropriately colored pulse of energy. But it's more interesting if your players can tell what they're dealing with. And negative channels lend themselves well to creepy descriptions.

Cheers!
Kinak

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads