• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) More Essence Dragons in the Monstrous Menagerie 2?

Faolyn

(she/her)
Was a MM2 announced?!
Morrus, IIRC, said that they were planning on one, but I don't think it has gotten much further than "We'd like to do an MM2 at some point in the near future." We'll probably know more once DDG and the Void Runner's Codex are officially out.

For what it's worth, there's going to be at least one more essence dragon in my Leveled Up Bestiary, probably more.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Morrus, IIRC, said that they were planning on one, but I don't think it has gotten much further than "We'd like to do an MM2 at some point in the near future." We'll probably know more once DDG and the Void Runner's Codex are officially out.

For what it's worth, there's going to be at least one more essence dragon in my Leveled Up Bestiary, probably more.
There's also one in the recently Kickstarted supplement Stranger Sights.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Agreed. Otoh, since they are a Celestial, you could have a Couatl-headed Ardling or an Aasimar with serpentine-like features.
You would have to add Ardlings to Level Up, but if you wanted to I suppose it wouldn't be that hard. Don't really see the point personally.

Faolyn

(she/her)
You would have to add Ardlings to Level Up, but if you wanted to I suppose it wouldn't be that hard. Don't really see the point personally.
Angel/winged furry are quite popular among some people (type it into google to check it out--although depending on your own interests and personal beliefs, you may want to put safe search on ;) ). One of my friends is basically playing one (tabaxi divine soul sorcerer) in a game they're in with another group.

Yeah. Which would mean writing them up as a gift for the Planetouched Heritage. Would I add them to A5e? Not really.

What I would really like to see is the Aasimar, the Tiefling and the Genasi as their own heritages. Then they could have gifts that reflect a particular lineage. Ex. An Aasimar heritage with the Angel, Archon, and Guardinal lineages.

Remove ads