• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual 2

the Jester

Legend
Does anyone know anything about what will be in this beauty? Has anyone heard any rumors or anything? I know it's supposed to concentrate on CR10-20 monsters... I hope it won't reprint a bunch that were already released in OA, MoP, etc.

What's everyone want to see in it?

For me, that would have to include quicklings, lurkers above, demon princes and arch-devils (though they might instead be in the epic level hb or the deities & demigods book, but I want em for sure!), dharculus, brain collectors, templates for zombie lords, greater mummies, and variant vampires based on the Ravenloft demihuman vampires.

Can't wait...

XCorvis

First Post
I'm willing to bet there will be some reprints, but hopefully not too many. I'd like to see more templates, especially for undead and dire animals. (Yes, these have been done by others, but I want to see WotC's.) I don't want to see too many unique creatures though, their usability is limited.

Altalazar

First Post
I'd like to see all of the old favorites from earlier editions (such as Lurker Above) that didn't make it into the first MM.

I don't think it needs templates of Vampires and such because that material is already in the Ravenloft book (which I have) and so no need to have it twice. I suppose an argument could be made that it would be nice for those who don't ever want to get the Ravenloft book, but then I'd just look at you uncomprehendingly - it is beyond my ability to understand why anyone WOULDN'T get Ravenloft. :)

XCorvis

First Post
Well, Vampires are already in MM1. I saw the Ravenloft templates, but since that book is published by ArtHaus instead of WotC they probably wont have any overlap.

kilted Frog

First Post
I'm willing to bet a lot of the monsters left out from the 2nd Edition Monsters Manual will be in there, and very few original monsters.... I'm willing to bet the Banshee will definately be in there, seeing how the 9th level spell wail of the banshee is in the PHB, and it'd be nice to see the monster that the spell is based on...

I'd like to see some of the monsters from campaign settings no longer in print, like Dragonlance (actually, only 2 monsters spring to mind - the 5 types of Draconians and the Death Knight).

Of course, the Creature Catalog does a great job of converting the "missing" creatures from the 3rd Ed. Monsters Manual, but it'd still be nice to see "official" stuff on these monsters....

I'm also wondering if Xvarts will ever make a return, seeing how they're mentioned in the Greyhawk Gazetteer Deities section, and how they made an appearance in the Baldur's Gate games for the computer.

Having said all that, I realize I've said nothing at all.... so, I leave saying this: bring back squirrels.

Acmite

First Post
Xvarts were in "River of Blood" a Living Greyhawk Core module (the 1st one, I believe) written by Mr. Erik Mona himself.

As such, official stats are already available, either from that module itself (which you can order from the RPGA) or in a Living Greyhawk Journal (maybe).

Send an email to Erik Mona....or post a message on the General Forum, and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Wolf72

Explorer
Draconians

hopefully soon they'll be posted at the dl3e nexus ...

mean while you can borrow/buy Draconian Measures Vol2: Kang's Regiment.

at the end they have stats for the 3e draconians (not the two types found on taladas though)

Death Knights: Weren't they in Dragon mag?

the Jester

Legend
Re: Draconians

Wolf72 said:
hopefully soon they'll be posted at the dl3e nexus ...

mean while you can borrow/buy Draconian Measures Vol2: Kang's Regiment.

at the end they have stats for the 3e draconians (not the two types found on taladas though)

Death Knights: Weren't they in Dragon mag?

Yeah, they were... still be nice to have em in the book though. Also, I agree with banshees as a necessary nasty... sigh... can't help but fondly remember killing half of a party with one in the ol' days....

Numion

First Post
I for one wouldn't want to see any archdevils or other unique creatures. As the PCs almost never meet those they'd just be useless for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads