• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Monster Change: Force Damage vs. Magic Weapons

the Jester

Legend
Well Orcus is immune and the nightwalker is resistant, which is fine. The inconsistency I’m complaining about is “non-magical BPS weapons” vs. “non-magical BPS attacks.” Unless the intent is for non-magical BPS attacks that aren’t weapons to be able to hurt Orcus, which seems weird.
In my campaign, I long ago switched the wording on that one to "nonmagical BPS damage".

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
In my campaign, I long ago switched the wording on that one to "nonmagical BPS damage".
As did I. I’m just surprised WotC apparently isn’t using the revision as an opportunity to fix the inconsistent wording. Even if they keep it as “nonmagical BPS weapons” or “nonmagical BPS attacks,” just pick one or the other and use it consistently instead of some monsters using one phrasing and some monsters using the other. Unless they really are intended to function differently, which I doubt.

Remove ads