• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MMI: Cursed Items etc.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (August and Beyond)

So, what do you all think? Modular curses seem like a nice idea. Nothing too radical. Looks like by default curses are pretty easy to get rid of. Then again it wasn't usually that hard to get rid of them in the past either, except at low levels.

Doesn't look like there's really a lot of other information here. Anyone heard any other tidbits? I'm definitely looking forward to getting a look at this book. I also note that it apparently will have some other added rules bits besides just items per-se. Wonder if this book will finally mark the real practical completion of the new magic item rules. I also wonder what 'story items' is referring to...

Zaran

Adventurer
I'm hoping that MME has content for non-combat as well. While a fantasy adventure story has lots of combat there should be more to the game than that and skill challenges. I'd like to see a crafting system. I liked to see a better building construction system. I'd like to see pricing for every day items that a PC might buy when they are NOT adventuring.

I'd also like to see Rituals brought to Essentials because as time goes on we will lose the ability buy printed rituals and will have to rely on DDI.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I like curses that provide both a boon and a benefit, kind of like the example they provided in the preview. It makes things more interesting IMO. Now just bring back the broom of animated attacks (or whatever it was called) which is one of my favorite cursed items.

Remove ads