• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC MAGIC AFR

I wouldn't recommend Collector's boosters to anybody but the most hardcore players with deep pockets. Specially for people jumping in from D&D that don't have an existing collection. Let's not forget these are game pieces of which you need a non-trivial amount.

MTG - Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - English Gift Bundle (Pre-Order)

The Gift Bundle is like the Bundle, but better. For only slightly more money you get the regular contents of the bundle, but the deck box and die are nicer/fancier and you get 1 Collector Booster too for much cheaper then a single Collector Booster costs. I spent 62 Canadian dollars tax included to preorder one and for compareson to buy a regular Bundle and a single collector booster off of Amazon.com is $77usd when is $94 in Canadian money. The basic Bundle on 404 games is $44 Canadian, the basic AFR Bundle on Amazon.com is $47.21usd when you take into account the exchange rate (American money is worth more still), its absolutely insane and surreal. Since when are Canadian Hobby stores cheaper to buy from then Amazon's American website? This biazzairo world stuff here. The last time this was true it was 2013 and the Canadian Dollar was worth more then the American Dollar.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
MTG - Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - English Gift Bundle (Pre-Order)

The Gift Bundle is like the Bundle, but better. For only slightly more money you get the regular contents of the bundle, but the deck box and die are nicer/fancier and you get 1 Collector Booster too for much cheaper then a single Collector Booster costs. I spent 62 Canadian dollars tax included to preorder one and for compareson to buy a regular Bundle and a single collector booster off of Amazon.com is $77usd when is $94 in Canadian money. The basic Bundle on 404 games is $44 Canadian, the basic AFR Bundle on Amazon.com is $47.21usd when you take into account the exchange rate (American money is worth more still), its absolutely insane and surreal. Since when are Canadian Hobby stores cheaper to buy from then Amazon's American website? This biazzairo world stuff here. The last time this was true it was 2013 and the Canadian Dollar was worth more then the American Dollar.
In my country they are hard to find and command a hefty prime. It is way cheaper to buy a bundle and then a collector booster.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
If you don't mind my asking, what county is that?
In the heart of the Moon LoL n_n.

Here in North America, just across the US. Look at the listing for say the bundle for Throne of Eldraine

And here is the listing for the gift edition

If you notice, it is almost twice the cost (and no free shipping)

Part of it is that we just don't get the premium versions on official distribution.

(But really "In the Heart of the Moon" is a rough translation of my country name)

Dausuul

Legend
If you are looking to collect specific cards, and especially if you want specific versions of those cards, and you are not interested in doing a lot of trading... I would not buy boosters at all. It is cheaper to buy exactly what you want on the secondary market than to chase it in randomized booster packs.

My usual place to buy is tcgplayer.com, but there are plenty of other sites if you find that one not to your tastes.

Now, if you just want the fun of opening boosters and taking whatever you get, or if you're willing to spend a bunch of time trading, then by all means carry on. :)

In the heart of the Moon LoL n_n.

Here in North America, just across the US. Look at the listing for say the bundle for Throne of Eldraine

And here is the listing for the gift edition

If you notice, it is almost twice the cost (and no free shipping)

Part of it is that we just don't get the premium versions on official distribution.

(But really "In the Heart of the Moon" is a rough translation of my country name)

.mx tells me your Mexican and damn that's expensive. It'd be cheaper to buy it from Canada and pay for shipping.

Remove ads