• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LOTR] - IM so G L U M...

Ysgarran

Harlequin said:

I mean i can take losing best picture...even best director
but IAN McKELLAN should have WON best supporting ACTOR!

Harlequin

Well, the one I think is pretty unforgivable is the best film adaptation of previously published material.

Simon Magalis

First Post
Particularly considering that A Beautiful Mind apparently didn't even follow the idea of the original book very closely at all. When I worked at B&N, we shelved the book under Mathematics... does that sound like the same book on which the movie is based. Adapting LOTR to the screen is a massive undertaking and P. Jackson should be given his due. Perhaps one of the next two films will win this Oscar.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Expect more of the same snubbing at next year's ceremony. Imagine! Only four awards for the finest fantasy film ever produced! Tied for first place?!? How dare they! :D

At this rate we'll probably see The Two Towers shafted with only six or so of those creepy-looking little statuettes! But the third year, my friends...

Yes, I think we can safely say that The Return of the King will sweep the awards in that year! When the dust settles the morning after the 2004 Academy Awards we will see Peter Jackson and all of the many people affiliated with the Trilogy driving around Hollywood in cars adorned with Oscar hood ornaments!

Mark my words, this series is going to rock so phenominally that it will garner, in its three years, more awards than any other series of films ever conceived or produced. Count me as on the record as having said it boldly and loudly to any who cross my path (and bring it up...) ;)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Ah well, just sigh, and remember:

THe Two Towers trailer goes on the LoTR prints FRIDAY! Let's put LoTR back on the box office top ten!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Kid Charlemagne said:
Ah well, just sigh, and remember:

THe Two Towers trailer goes on the LoTR prints FRIDAY! Let's put LoTR back on the box office top ten!

It is about time to see FotR again, isn't it? :D

(Film three will rule them all and in the darkness of the theatre, bind them... ;) )

Remove ads