• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LotR 2, what do you think about it?

LightPhoenix

First Post
Driddle said:
I saw that teh movie has already been made into a book and released at the mall, even before the movie's release! What the ****?! I didnt read frist book after the movie and I'm not intersted in reading the second (or third etc.), but i think it sortof sucks that there releasing the sequel so quickly before any one has a chance to go to the theater. You know?

I would say something, but I can't think of anything adequate.

Wait...

I saw the third book at a store seven years ago. Damn them!!!

LightPhoenix
*sigh*

PenguinKing

First Post
Assuming you're not trolling, Drid, let me 'splain to you a little bit about how the movie business works. Usually, if there's both a book and a movie, it's the movie that was based on the book, not the other way 'round. So of course the book comes out before the movie.

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

EOL

First Post
Driddle said:
I saw that teh movie has already been made into a book and released at the mall, even before the movie's release! What the ****?! I didnt read frist book after the movie and I'm not intersted in reading the second (or third etc.), but i think it sortof sucks that there releasing the sequel so quickly before any one has a chance to go to the theater. You know?
Please, please, (one more time) please tell me your joking.

I'm reminded of that Simpsons where Skinner gets fired and says he wants to write the great american novel about an amusement park with cloned dinosaurs, and Apu just goes off, "30 weeks on the new york times best seller list...the most successful movie of all time...What were you thinking!!!"

Wicht

Hero
Wolfspider said:
Ahh, Driddle. Well, after reading your comment, my investigation is complete. Thank you for your cooperation.

That did more or less make it abundantly clear to me as well.

Driddle

First Post
Wolfspider said:
Ahh, Driddle. Well, after reading your comment, my investigation is complete. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hey. I notice your following me around on this message board alot, trying to insult my postings. Its like some sort of "stalking" game to you isn't it? Ive heard of people like you on other mesage boards too. You dudes are troublemakers, allways putting other people down for not knowing as much as you do.

Well excuse me for not getting to a bookstore sooner. I bow to your greatness. Is that what you want?!

Nevermind. Just hope i don't decide to follow your messages and start calling you a troll everytime you turn around. But i'm bigger than that.

Message Stalker. Yeah. Right.

Theron

Explorer
Driddle said:
Well excuse me for not getting to a bookstore sooner.

Or a library. Or any place with books lacking pictures, apparently.

It's only been in print for almost fifty years and is generally considered the cornerstone of the genre. But knowing that assumes one reads something other than rulebooks or Dragonlance novels.

Remove ads