• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Lost a spell - 2E.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
In the campaign I'm playing my character is a Sculptor of Chaos from the Wild Spellcraft book. When I used to play 2E there was a 1st/2nd lv cleric spell called Chaos Shield or something like that that had a random chance to deflect all sorts of attacks. Could anyone out there possibly look this up for me as I don't have access to the 2E books and I wish to convert it to 3.5E so that my mage can use it. I'd also appreciate any help with the conversion if anyone could spare the time. Any other ideas re chaotic arcane spells would be much appreciated also, cheers.

Iron_Chef

First Post
Darmanicus said:
In the campaign I'm playing my character is a Sculptor of Chaos from the Wild Spellcraft book. When I used to play 2E there was a 1st/2nd lv cleric spell called Chaos Shield or something like that that had a random chance to deflect all sorts of attacks. Could anyone out there possibly look this up for me as I don't have access to the 2E books and I wish to convert it to 3.5E so that my mage can use it. I'd also appreciate any help with the conversion if anyone could spare the time. Any other ideas re chaotic arcane spells would be much appreciated also, cheers.

It's called Entropic Shield and is in both 3e and 3.5e. ;)

Darmanicus

Heretic Apostate said:
In that case, if you don't have the Tome of Magic, you can buy an ESD of it from svgames or (possibly) rpgnow, for less than $5.00.

Cheers Heretic, I might just do that. :)

the Jester

Legend
It's well worth it.

It's a great book, full of cool spells, magic items and ideas (focus magic, cooperative magic, wild magic). It's also the springboard that led to the metamagic feats.

Darmanicus

Kamikaze Midget said:
Wait, I'm lost.....a Chaotic Shield that has a chance to deflect attacks....how isn't that Entropic Shield? :confused:

Well if that's what it's called in whatever 2E book that I'm trying to locate then fair enough, but considering I can't remember the name of the spell or the book it's in I really could do with the help and not the sarcasm.......thankyou.

Now if the Entropic Shield you're going on about is the 3/3.5E then I suggest you follow the thread........the spell Im looking for is 2E. It might have shield in the name and a chaotic/entropic feel about it but it's definitely 2E. The spell I'm looking for has a chance, albeit a small one, to deflect all types of attacks and not just ranged ones.

Hope that clarifies things for ya Midge; maybe lift that cloud of confusion or whatever kind of cigarette it is that's causing the cloud! :rolleyes:

I just looked through ToM, and found this:

1 Chaos Shield is a 2nd level wild mage spell.
2 It doesn't in any way protect you from attacks, but rather from wild surges.
3 There is no first level spell wizard spell in Tome of Magic that creates an effect resembling the one you described.

Sorry

Last edited:

Darmanicus

fido_usernameinuse said:
I just looked through ToM, and found this:

1 Chaos Shield is a 2nd level wild mage spell.
2 It doesn't in any way protect you from attacks, but rather from wild surges.
3 There is no first level spell wizard spell in Tome of Magic that creates an effect resembling the one you described.

Sorry

Thanks for your time Fido. It's not a wizard spell, it's a cleric spell. Do you think that you could check again for me?

Cheers :D

Remove ads