• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lord of the Oscars

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
So I'm watching the Academy Awards, and while Lord of the Rings was great and deserves some awards - they seem to be overdoing it to make up for not giving it anything in the past years...

Anyway, it's won just about everything it got nominated for.

reiella

Explorer
arcady said:
So I'm watching the Academy Awards, and while Lord of the Rings was great and deserves some awards - they seem to be overdoing it to make up for not giving it anything in the past years...

Anyway, it's won just about everything it got nominated for.

Frustrating me a bit, as alot of the awards were categories that they were nominated for in the past, and very little in the ways of the major technical awards actually was 'different' from the prior two movies. Especially since they were all filmed and edited at the same time to begin with. Oh well, pet peeve rambled over me for this year's awards I guess.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
reiella said:
Frustrating me a bit, as alot of the awards were categories that they were nominated for in the past, and very little in the ways of the major technical awards actually was 'different' from the prior two movies. Especially since they were all filmed and edited at the same time to begin with. Oh well, pet peeve rambled over me for this year's awards I guess.
My thoughts exactly. Of course up until now the academy has been reluctant to give awarsd to fantasy or scifi movies. I think they finally realized that they can't turn a blind eye to movies in these genres, and the best thing they can possibly do is to recognize the good ones in an effort to help guide these movies towards excellence rather than leaving them in Hollywood's basement.

Remove ads