• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for feedback on this [Exalted] feat.

Mistah J

First Post
Hey everyone,

So, a player of my game has decided to take the Vow of Poverty for his character. I've got no problem with this except that I find the exalted feats available are somewhat lacking both in strength and number. With all the bonus exalted feats the VoP grants, my player is going to run out of options.

So I thought I would make up some of my own to help pad things out and this is my first one:

FEARLESS [EXALTED]
Your indomitable courage makes you unshakable in the face of danger.
Benefit: You are immune to fear effects (both magical or otherwise).
Special: To maintain the benefit of this feat, you must swear an oath to uphold noble causes and vow to never cower or back down from performing acts of good, no matter who or what might try and prevent or otherwise deter you from doing so. If you intentionally break this vow, you immediately and irrevocably lose the benefit of this feat. You may not take another feat to replace it. If you break your vow as a result of magical compulsion, you lose the benefit of this feat until you perform a suitable penance and receive an atonement spell.

The benefit is pretty straight forward. It is the RP requirement that I want to make sure I've got right. Looking at other exalted feats, I feel this one is stronger than say, Vow of Abstinence (+4 on saves vs poison and drugs for giving up alcohol and other such stimulants) but not as strong as the Vow of Peace (a host of strong abilities for giving up almost all combat).

I'm wondering if people agree? The idea behind the requirement is that a fearless person (who is good) shouldn't be passive or pushed around. They need to be bold and 'stand tall' in the face of those who would subvert justice or good for their own purposes or because it's easier.

I mean, obviously no hero is going to let the villain intimidate or bribe them into looking the other way.. but the hard part comes when legitimate authority such as a city watchmen or a local ruler tells the character to step aside or defer to them.

I guess what I am asking is do you think what I've written conveys enough of what I meant to say?

Thanks for the help

kitcik

Adventurer
I agree. Seems balanced to me.

The player will generally have a nice advantage, but somewhere along the line, the DM is going to wreack some havoc with the drawback...

Remove ads