• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Looking for a 2e adventure to run for 5e

ruleslawyer

Beneath the Twisted Tower is actually quite good. So are the two adventures from the 1e boxed set (which is available in PDF and worth the purchase).

Yeah, WotC really needs to do compilation reprints of Dungeon, given that ALL the good 2e adventures (and yes they do exist!) are in there (an exception made for Night Below and Return to the Tomb of Horrors, both of which I think are excellent).

the Jester

Legend
OK so if you're talking Forgotten Realms, the best adventure ever IMHO is The Desert of Desolation series written by Hickman and Weiss, the peeps who did the Dragonlance series and the original Ravenloft module. I'm debating about translating it into 5th edition...

It's not actually a FR adventure, though it was later revised to shoehorn it in due to the setting's popularity. The original I3 through I5, though, were setting-neutral/generic.

Seether

Villager
In the Jungles of Chult sourcebook, there was a cool little pulpy adventure called the Heart of the Jungle with dinosaurs and savage goblins. Loads of fun fun fun

casterblaster

First Post
It doesn't have to be 2e strictly. I have looked at 1e and 3e, I just said 2e cause that's what FR material (box set) I have. Are the 3e Cormyr, Shadowdale, and Anuaroch adventures any good? Also would the 3e FR setting book be worth the 15$ price tag from DnDClassics?

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
The 3e FR setting book would not include any of the "worlds-in-collision" stuff seen in 4e. How the separation of the worlds might have affected the current map of Faerun is yet to be seen. Imo, the $15.00 would be well-spent if you'd like to get a better sense of the over-all history prior to the Spellplague; if not, save your money.

Tormyr

Hero
The Age of Worms adventure path is available from Paizo. It comes with lots of info for adapting the adventure to the Forgotten Realms setting. It is 3.5, but I have found the conversion to be very straightforward.

Remove ads