• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For @Aust Thale Only:
After Falen moves out into the corridor...
Mindsight (closest to farthest)
Humanoid (Int 15) | 40 feet (north)
Humanoid (Int 12) | 45 feet (north)
Humanoid (Int 14) | 50 feet (northwest)
Humanoid (Int 14) | 50 feet (northwest)
Humanoid (Int 12) | 55 feet (northwest)
Humanoid (Int 14) | 60 feet (northwest)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so I just realized/remembered that the extra Strength damage that was done to Custodio and Tim was from the cleric's moon bolt spell, not from the unholy blight. :rolleyes:

I realized this when I doublechecking when Tim was hit by the female Loyalist's poisoned blade. I know Tim made the Fort save, but he will have to save again 10 rounds after he was hit.

EDIT: Found it! Round 5.

So, Big Tim must make a DC 17 Fortitude saving throw again in round 5 of the new combat or take 2d6 Con damage.

Last edited:

@MetaVoid, I had assumed Spritewing was paralyzed because I didn't realize the she had an extra 2 HD as a companion. That alone makes her a 6 HD creature.

I think you are right that the bloodline levels make her a 8 HD creature since the Monstrous Companion ability is a level-based ability. She should have +4 HD, +4 Natural Armor Adj., +4 Str/Con, 3 bonus tricks, and the Link, Evasion, & Devotion special abilities.

(Make sure you update her stats accordingly.)

So, she's not paralyzed, but she was still dazed for a round and is weakened (-8 STR) for 5 rounds).

EDIT: BTW, it is your turn for round 1 of the new combat.

You also get 2 rounds of actions before round 1 officially begins.
I didn't roll for HP, just took the average. I also didn't update HIS hit points. I always thought about Spritewing in male terms (stallions are more fit for the arena, even as small as he is).

With this new reading, the stats are considerably different, I'll work them over later today.

Rockhorn can lift 900 lbs with his levitation ability. I count on the wizard being skinny so even with the robes making him fat-ish in the outline he should be within that range (the stone being around 3 times heavier than flesh)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rockhorn can lift 900 lbs with his levitation ability. I count on the wizard being skinny so even with the robes making him fat-ish in the outline he should be within that range (the stone being around 3 times heavier than flesh)
Yeah, the only official ruling I've been able to find this morning is the 5E version, which says times 10. That seems excessive.

I did find this old thread here on EN World. But, it's way too early for me to do that kind of math.

I'd say it is very doubtful that the petrified wizard would be more than 900 lbs., as he isn't tall or fat; the man appears to be old. Rockhorn can lift him easily with his levitation ability.

If you want to do the math, assume the wizard is no more than 5 feet, 9 inches tall and 150 lbs. when not turned to stone.

EDIT: 3 (ft^3) x 150 (lbs/ft^3) = ?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Anyway, I need to go back to sleep for a while, if I can. The jerk who lives above us in my building was making tons of noise at 4 a.m. earlier this morning. While I did manage to get back to sleep, I'm still very tired.

I'll post later.

Spritewing upgrade by 2HD
Hit Dice: 92 = 10 + 7x6 (avg 7d10)+ 40 (8 x 5 CON) <-- +2 HD here
Initiative:
+2
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 120 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 24 (+2 Dex, +7 natural +4 armor +1 size), touch 13, flat-footed 22 <-- +2 natural here
Base Attack/Grapple:
+8/+14 <-- +3 here (2HD and +1 strength bonus)
Attack:
Hoof +14 melee (1d6+6) +3 here +1 damage(2HD and +1 strength bonus)
Full Attack:
2 hooves +14 melee (1d6+6) and bite +9 melee (1d3+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent, spell-like abilities
Spell-Like Abilities: Caster level 5th at will - detect good and detect evil within a 60-foot radius.
Languages: Understands Celestial, Common, Dwarven (pearl), Elvish, and Sylvan, speaks only dwarven (pearl)

Skills: Pegasi have a +4 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks
Saves: Fort +6+5, Ref +6+2, Will +3+1+2 (+4 vs enchantment spells and effects) +2 Fort here (2HD and +1 constitution bonus, +1 Ref (good save), +1 Will (bad save, but +4 HD) )
Abilities:
Str 18+4, Dex 15, Con 16+4, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 13

Dungeonbred:
  • easy maintenance
  • +2 racial vs poison/disease
  • Str +4, Con +4
  • Endurance, Improved Natural Attack
  • size Large --> Medium: -4 Str, -4 Con, +1 AC, +1 to hit, +4 Hide, -4 grapple mod

BHA: Str +4, Con +4, Nat armor +4, HD +4 (Feat +1), 4 skill points, Link, Evasion, Devotion

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Spritewing upgrade by 2HD
Hit Dice: 92 = 10 + 7x6 (avg 7d10)+ 40 (8 x 5 CON) <-- +2 HD here
So, Spritewing has 53 or 92 hp before Akos does his healing blast.

I need @Neurotic to confirm how much healing Spritewing gets from the blast. I think it is 8 hp. I know Rockhorn gets that much. I'm just not sure if it a chained blast or just two separate rays.

Since Akos isn't being threatened by anyone, he doesn't need to roll to hit.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Two
Maggs, Loyalist Fanatic: 24 (double move)
Vincenzo (bless, haste, lesser vigor; weakened): 21 (casts stone shape; spell fizzles)
Eeldai [djinni] (bless; weakened): 19 (readied action; full attack vs. Kellam)
Loyalist Soldiers [x2]: 16 (double move)
Kellam Black, Loyalist Fanatic Leader: 16 (moves; attacks Eeldai)
Custodio (bless, haste, lesser vigor; poisoned [delayed]): 15
The Knight (bless, bull's strength, haste, lesser vigor; cursed): 14 (puts dagger in sheath on belt; moves towards doorway)
-- Weakened effect of bugbear cleric's Blasphemy ends on Initiative Count 13 in Round 3 --
Spritewing (bless, haste; weakened): 13 (delaying) ⬅️
Rockhorn (bless, benediction, haste, lesser vigor; weakened): 13 (runs w/haste; throws tanglefoot bag at Kellam) ⬅️
Vitus (bless, invisibility purge; weakened): 13 (casts entropic shield; moves) ⬅️
Gattas [prisoner] (weakened): 12
Akos (bless): 12
Cassara, Loyalist Fanatic: 8
Kefax Fetolsson, Loyalist Commander: 8

Tuck (bless, haste): 7 (moves to help Rockhorn and Tim; Use Rope skill check)
Tymbeck (bless, haste, protection from fire; poisoned, weakened): 6
Living Altar [construct]: 3
Falen (bless; weakened): 2
Ting [psicrystal]: 2
Lithia [prisoner] (unconscious): 0
===========================================
Round 2 is equal what would have been round 12 of the previous fight.
---
Big Tim must make another DC 17 Fortitude save in round 5 vs. poison. If he fails, he takes 2d6 CON damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads