Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

I'm not sure how I should have posted...we are kind of end-combat but I assume rounds matter because:
1. 1 minute=1 hour in real world
2. Enemies are potentially on the way
3. I have spells ticking.

I'm not sure if you are going to hand-waive the 5 rounds of the effects of the blasphemy. In which case, we can have a bit of a brief conversation and I'll use the last round to start collecting magic items.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vitus used his stone shape to cure the Knight. I think @ScottDeWar_jr vincenzo took stone shape?
Yes, Vinny did indeed memorize stone shape
Note that the spell says that fine detail isn't possible and that there is a 30% chance that any shape including moving parts simple doesn't work. I'm not sure how to judge that for a person who has been turned to stone and then had a part break off. He isn't missing a full arm.

Here's a quote of where I described the damage to the petrified wizard...
The petrified wizard is indeed in bad shape. There are dozens of chips broken out of the man and his little finger on his left hand is broken off completely. A few of the chips are located along the petrified folds of the man's robes but the rest on on his face and arms. There is a petrified wound cut into the man's chest that was obviously inflicted moments before the wizard was turned to stone. If he is returned to flesh, he will need healing right away, if he doesn't die from the shock.

Tuck has never seen the man before but it is hard to tell with his face and beard full of chips and a deep gash that looks like it was also made before the wizard was petrified. The wounds weren't made by a blade but by claws. More than likely the wizard was turned to stone by a creature and not by magic. His clothes are a bit out of date and not of the style of Bluffside. The out-of-date clothing looks like the wizard could be from one of the southern cities along the Ishamarkan Coast... Banbridge, perhaps, or maybe the City of the Sail, Orra. The man could have been in this state for decades maybe even longer.
Here's a link to the full post: link.

The first time the PCs were here, Vinny did find some small chips on the floor that could be put back into place but not the chips from the man's face. There isn't any sign of the wizard's missing little finger either.

Stone shape can be used to try to clean up his petrified form, but a DC 17 Craft (sculpting) check will be required to fix the man's petrified body. (This can be done untrained.) If the check fails, Vincenzo cannot fix the man's broken form (but Vinny doesn't kill him either). However, if @ScottDeWar_jr rolls a 1, then the man will become an unrecognizable mass of stone, and will only be able to be returned to life with a resurrection spell.

The PCs can choose to try to carry the man out of the labyrinth and then find a wizard with skills as a sculptor to try to fix the man's form before restoring him to flesh.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm not sure if you are going to hand-waive the 5 rounds of the effects of the blasphemy. In which case, we can have a bit of a brief conversation and I'll use the last round to start collecting magic items.
I won't be hand waving the rounds... entirely. more details tomorrow in my next IC post. 😇

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Note that the spell says that fine detail isn't possible and that there is a 30% chance that any shape including moving parts simple doesn't work. I'm not sure how to judge that for a person who has been turned to stone and then had a part break off. He isn't missing a full arm.

Here's a quote of where I described the damage to the petrified wizard...

Here's a link to the full post: link.

The first time the PCs were here, Vinny did find some small chips on the floor that could be put back into place but not the chips from the man's face. There isn't any sign of the wizard's missing little finger either.

Stone shape can be used to try to clean up his petrified form, but a DC 17 Craft (sculpting) check will be required to fix the man's petrified body. (This can be done untrained.) If the check fails, Vincenzo cannot fix the man's broken form (but Vinny doesn't kill him either). However, if @ScottDeWar_jr rolls a 1, then the man will become an unrecognizable mass of stone, and will only be able to be returned to life with a resurrection spell.

The PCs can choose to try to carry the man out of the labyrinth and then find a wizard with skills as a sculptor to try to fix the man's form before restoring him to flesh.
Or we can restore him to flesh, heal him and let him find suitable House that will want a wizard of old and is willing to regenerate him. Anything is better than languishing here. Hopefully, he won't die the moment he gets out of the labyrinth

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
The missing finger will have to have a regenerate which will fix all the minor missing chips i think. If the robe was magical, and is damaged, it may be inert when unpetrified, I am guessing.

Man, I am having to correct autocorrect! Some of what gets subed out for what I type is just plain bazzar

Vitus has a cure light wounds want to top people up but since every minute is one hour, we may want to do that once we exit. Waiting 20 rounds for the lesser vitality seems right out of the question. Not sure how we will prevent the loyalists from accessing the altar again if we just up and leave. It mentioned something about us taking its psi crystal (must reread post). Somehow barring the doors would work too.

Remove ads