• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Need help with Irovetti showdown

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hello!

I'm gearing up for an encounter with the bad guy from Kingmaker 5: War of the River Kings.

Problem for me is I have little experience running multiple high level magic heavy encounters, and this one would involve Irovetti, Avinash Jurg, Villamor Koth and several Pitax Wardens and troll guards. Alasen will probably make an appearance a bit into the battle.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make this a challenging encounter, where the NPCs choose the best strategy?

Cheers!

/Maggan

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
How big is your party? How likely are they to split up during the encounter?

They don't always need to use the best strategy. Ivoretti in particular is an arrogant bastard and probably still likely to underestimate his opponents. I can imagine he also might panic if he notices he misinterpreted the situation. It is more important to play them believably than with perfect strategy.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Thanks for the reply!

I have four PC:s. They won't split up. Their favourite strategy is charging with the paladin and wreaking havoc with lunge attacks and cleave and finishing cleave.

The cleric provides backup with healing and summonings, while the rogue fires arrows looking for sneak attack opportunities. Finally the wizard will blast with fireball and offensive spells.

Good point on the beliavability. He will probably trigger the escape spell he has prepared quite quickly after the paladin closes with him. Being arrogant, he might hold some of his most powerful attacks, until he panics (if he does). His cohorts will probably unload as much high level magic as they can in the first round.

/Maggan

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
My computer is an old piece of crap with faulty cpu so I am not online that often, so I only read this now.

If they don't split up like my first group did (in 3 pairs of 2, ugh) they should do fine if they are appropriate level for the encounter. Let us know if anyone dies :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads