• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Jewish magic items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying saucers! i try to say as an example of jewish magic items

Post a picture of the aliens guy history channel meme! I try to do

You cant post this file! Im told

Im not saying it was jewish aliens...but it was jewish aliens! I say

WHERE IS MY CRAZY EINSTEIN SPIKY-DO HAIR GELL! THERE IS GRAVITY TO BE DEFIED! MY BWAIN SO HOOGE!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
If you want to create magic about summoning genies (worshiped as gods in the past by the gentiles and now they don't like to be only slaves with superpower by ordinary short-lived mortals) my advice is to give a moral to the story: who can give all you ask also can take off all you have got.

That is the essence of the difference between a wizard and a cleric. A cleric's power is passed on service to a higher power. A wizard makes their own power.

Think there was a game called Testament that might have done some of the work for you (haven't played it, so I can't vouch for its quality).

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Think there was a game called Testament that might have done some of the work for you (haven't played it, so I can't vouch for its quality).
Testament is a D&D 3e sourcebook for Biblical-themed campaigns. I recommend it - it treats the source material (both religious and archeological) with respect. Covers Israelite, Canaanite, Babylonian, and Egyptian cultures. Includes a Mythic Era chapter, if you want to visit Noah / Gilgamesh / similar individuals from before recorded history.
Written by Green Ronin.

Voadam

Legend
As mentioned before the various magical item phylacteries throughout the editions (phylactery of faithfulness, etc.) are based on Jewish tefillin.

A lot of D&D was based on stuff like this. Create food and water was from the mana scene after Egypt, sticks to snakes was off of Moses.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
the staff of Moses could be considered a major artifact, correct?

I think it would be on par with items like the Staff of Power and Staff of the Magi. It seemed to allow Moses to cast spells over the whole of Egypt, only had limited uses per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads