• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I need a one-shot!

Lalato

Adventurer
Hi folks, I have a question for you. I've been asked to run my team at work through a short one-shot adventure.

Are there any published one-shots that are short and doable within a 2 hour session?

aco175

Legend
A lot of the newer adventure league stuff has a 2 hour limit and can be expanded to 4 hours with some additional stuff given. Otherwise you can find several intro/ start modules in DMsGuild where you can chop it up to make it play like you want, or even find some that can be played in 2 hours. Just skip most of the 'meet in a tavern' stuff and start at the entrance to the lair.

The cypher for the codes used by your country’s spy agency has been stolen by enemy agents. They have brought it to a remote location in enemy territory and are waiting for a small armed force to take it. Your team must get in and take back the cypher before the armed force arrives. You are outside the building and have already taken out one sentry. You have one hour.

Go.

Spend the first half hour going over the scenario and some rules and maybe 10 mins to plan and then set the clock for 60mins

Last edited:

Yeah, there are a bunch of two-hour sessions for Adventurers League out there. Some of them, I’ll admit, often push the time limit, though. I enjoyed MOON 1-1 Moonshae Treasure Hunt, which is a series of shorter adventures, and DDAL00-04 Winter's Flame. That last one is probably less traditional, but packed in a lot of fun and whimsy.

A lot of the newer adventure league stuff has a 2 hour limit and can be expanded to 4 hours with some additional stuff given.

Remove ads