• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to block someone blocking you?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Having a debate back and forth with someone and when I opened one of my responses people had Liked to see which, all of his quotes were gone. Okay, he blocked me.

I mention to a friend on discord, who later comes back that they responded and twisted my words. I'm not saying it was intentionally, but it doesn't sit well that they can do that while denying me any chance to clear what was said.

I'm perfectly fine with them blocking me. But I want to block them as well so they can't respond to my posts twisting what I say without me knowing or having a chance to respond.

How do I do that? How do we protect both people here and not just the person who pulled the block trigger first?

Ondath

Hero
I second the ability to have this. Maybe through a "type username to block" so you don't need to be able to see someone to block them?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If they’ve blocked you they can’t see your posts either, presumably. So they’re unblocking you to reply then reblocking you?

I think that’s a conduct we’d frown upon. That said it’s hard to spot as we can’t see who has blocked who.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
If they’ve blocked you they can’t see your posts either, presumably. So they’re unblocking you to reply then reblocking you?

I think that’s a conduct we’d frown upon. That said it’s hard to spot as we can’t see who has blocked who.

"Enable 2-way ignore" doesn't auto-click "Remove ignored content",

1714845986871.png

so you can still see what those you blocked posted, you just have to click on the see ignored content in the post. This next image is what I see when an unblocked person replies to a person I blocked.

1714846224850.png

It appears to allow you to reply to them once you click show. (Although I have never actually replied, because, as you note, that seems dirty). This next image is what I see when I go back to see what they were replying to after clicking show ignored content.

1714846326638.png

Choosing this combination of settings also puts the following at the bottom of any page on which there is a post by someone you are ignoring:
1714846687232.png

Last edited:

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
This same thing happened recently in a conversation in which I was involved. Because the person blocking me had given me a reaction earlier in the conversation, I was able to find their profile thumbnail in "Reactions received" under "Your account" and ignore them from there.

Eta: Or I might have done it from my Alerts because of the reply they posted just before they blocked me, but that page only goes back so far, and I can no longer see that particular alert at this time.

Last edited:

Remove ads