• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Hasbro bought a tv production company? D&D cartoon?!

They have been fooling around with their main brands for a long time; looks like an expansion into the cartoon family market that they have been attempting to penetrate with well known brands. I doubt D&D is listed amongst those as it is very niche.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hasbro has owned Boulder Media Studio since 2016 and has had an animation studio (now named Allspark Animation) since 2009.

They have yet to do anything with D&D, but the brand's recent boom might jostle them into action?

Yeah, if they want to hear up the real money maker, toy sales, a cartoon sooner or later seems likely.

That new is old, from August.

Everybody knows Transformers were forgotten, fallen in the oblivion, until the Michael Bay's blockbusters.

Experience has taught us a blockbuster isn't only FXs but also a good story and actors with good chemistry. Even some main cinema studios, true big fishes, have failed some time.

My little pony has ended. What will be the next project for preteen public?

Undrave

Legend
Yeah, if they want to hear up the real money maker, toy sales, a cartoon sooner or later seems likely.

I'm really annoyed they didn't try to push it more back when they were still doing KRE-O stuff, the D&D Kreons were a brilliant way to make customizable miniatures for tabletop! they even came with a little round base that was just wide enough to fit the usual 1in grid!

You had the building blocks for kids (also filling in the gap left by the absence of a proper LEGO Castle theme) but you could get the figure and customize your own character with its own equipment and armor and everything. They had pieces to make Tieflings and Dragonborns even.

Maybe, if we're lucky, they'd make 'monster in my pocket' style minis? And not just the actual monsters... Oh man and now I just imagined a toylike that could be a cross between D&D and Mighty Max... Open up a plastic chest, for exemple, and there's a mini dungeon scene with little monsters and a hero...

Undrave

Legend
Everybody knows Transformers were forgotten, fallen in the oblivion, until the Michael Bay's blockbusters.

What? It wasn't as big but I wouldn't call it forgotten! There's been a Transformers toyline on the shelves for the last 35 years, even when mainstream pop culture wasn't drowning in Optimus merch. It was still profitable.

That new is old, from August.

Experience has taught us a blockbuster isn't only FXs but also a good story and actors with good chemistry. Even some main cinema studios, true big fishes, have failed some time.

My little pony has ended. What will be the next project for preteen public?
Kinda cart before the horse with citing Bay. It was Tom DeSanto who first approached HASBRO to pitch the franchise out of the dust and they gave it to him to do so, he pitched it to DreamWorks, they declined, he went the rounds and then came back to Spielberg and finally got him on board. That secured Bay. It was Tom DeSanto who saw that potential while no one else did.

Last edited:

Undrave

Legend
Maybe in USA but not in Spain. Here if it wasn't a famous line like playmobil or LEGO a toy without cartoon serie was forgotten soon.

I mean... neither Playmobil or LEGO had cartoons back in 2007.

Transformers on the other hand had just come out of the Unicron Trilogy of shows with Cybertron finishing its run in the US in 2006.

Remove ads