• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Has Wizards Screwed up again

No, they were quite clear that early release is only if you buy the digital/physical bundle. If you buy digital only, you wait for the main release date like everyone else. It's been that way for years.

LOL at all those people on the D&DB thread "remembering" things the terms and conditions never said.
Yeah it was the same for Shattered Obelisk. I only pre-ordered the digital of that one and had to wait for release date. I pre-ordered Venca bundle though.

Dire Bare

Legend
Has WotC screwed up?

No.

Somehow, I managed to preorder the digital Eve of Ruin and understand that I would not be getting a 2-week early pre-release. It was pretty gosh darn clear.

Should WotC offer digital only pre-releases early? It would be a nice perk. But it doesn't bother me that they don't, especially when they are very clear about it.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I would refer you back to the Gamemasters video where he ordered both and has not received the early access release. I was wondering if other have had a similar experience?

I would refer you back to the Gamemasters video where he ordered both and has not received the early access release. I was wondering if other have had a similar experience?
It sometimes happens that it takes until later in the day for the digital version to show up. I had that happen with the DL set when I got the physical/digital bundle. It would have stated that the digital version would have become available on May 7th. As May 7th isn't over yet for much of the world, perhaps the person making the video should show a bit more patience than throwing up a video for clicks well before the day is over.

EDIT: right, as the above post says, you also have to click a certain email and follow the instructions exactly.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
some seem to have access, maybe they should check their spam folder…
Interesting, Gamemasters seemed convinced that it was North American customers that lost early access, having ordered the bundle and that the marketplace update was to blame. So I wonder if you know of North American pre-order people have got their early access.

mamba

Legend
Interesting, Gamemasters seemed convinced that it was North American customers that lost early access, having ordered the bundle and that the marketplace update was to blame. So I wonder if you know of North American pre-order people have got their early access.

"If you have qualified for Early Access - it has released, but may take time for access to be fully rolled out. A specific time was not promised - it will be rolled out by end of the day. You will need to check your entitlements are in Sync by going to your Account and clicking Licenses. At the top is an Entitlements section. If there is a button to re-sync click that. If you are in sync it will say so.

Quick Link: https://www.dndbeyond.com/account/licenses

If you are in sync and it is now May 8th and you still don't have access - please contact support by clicking Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Quick Link: https://dndbeyond.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055233654-Contact-Information"

Remove ads