D&D (2024) Minigiant's Grandmastery Feats (Tier 3 Feat Discussion)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The weapon might not have Cleave at first.

Battleaxes in the UA don't have Cleave.
Yes -- so the second bullet point gives it cleave.

The third one just needs to say "When you attack with a battleaxe, halberd, handaxe, or greataxe you have mastery with which has the Cleave mastery, you may attack a third and 4th creature within 5 ft of the first." since the second point will always have given it Cleave.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Yes -- so the second bullet point gives it cleave.

The third one just needs to say "When you attack with a battleaxe, halberd, handaxe, or greataxe you have mastery with which has the Cleave mastery, you may attack a third and 4th creature within 5 ft of the first." since the second point will always have given it Cleave.
A fighter with Master of Armament can choose to have another property.

A level 12 fighter can master a Battle axe. With Grandmaster of the Axe, the battle axe can have
  • Topple (original)
  • Push (via MoA)
  • Sap (via Moa)
  • Slow (via MoA)
  • Topple and Cleave (via the feat)

I like the idea, not the execution. It should ideally be only one bullet point per grand mastery, it should be something that is either short/long rest based or is an unintrusive passive. I suppose multiple bullets could work, but they'd have to all follow a format, and they'd have to be a lot cleaner then what is presented. I'll make a mock-up as an idea.

Spear Grandmastery
  1. You no longer suffer disadvantage when attack at long range with a spear.
  2. If you move 15 feet while holding this weapon in two hands, you can immediately make a bonus attack. If the attack hits, it is treated as a critical hit.
  3. If a creature misses a melee weapon attack on you while you are holding a spear in one hand and a shield in the other, you may make an Opportunity Attack against said creature. If the attack misses, you regain your reaction. This special reaction may only trigger once per turn.

Remove ads