• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Fiend Folio 3e more bad stuff??

qstor

Adventurer
Anyone get the impression that this is going to be a disappointment like the 3e MMII? I think the new dragons they mention are going to be James Wyatts evil planar dragons from Dragon #296. The steel dragon and other dragon's missing from 3e won't be added. I doubt that there will be more than a handfull of converted critters. As others have said the Tome of Horrors is what the MMII should have been, I think there will be more of the same lame stuff in the 3e Fiend Folio unless of course they add all of BOZ's conversion sfrom the FR MC, the Illithid and the missing chromatics from Dragon #248, that he's working on now. Ok..I'm done complaining :)

Mike

Krishnath

First Post
Eh, what? A handful of converted creatures is good, cause that means that there will be more work left for the people here at CC. As for what dragons will be in it, I'm guessing the Steel and at least four others. (See MM1 had 10, Monsters of Faerûn™ had five, and the MM2 also had five, which kinda sets a predecent, no?) I doubt the planar dragons from dragon #296 will be put in it, as they are still relatively new. But I'm guessing the new Fiend Folio will contain quite a few new outsiders. And if the MM2 is any indication, another doppleganger! :D

Filby

First Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the steel dragon ended up in the Fiend Folio, since the most recent entry in WotC's 'Wyrms of the North' series was a steel...

I'd like it if they could squeeze in a few of the monsters they left out of the Monster Manual II, like the spriggan, the zodar, etc.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
of course, that doesn't mean they *won't* use it, but from what scott told us, anything in the ToH wasn't intended on being used by WotC up until the printing of the new FF (and maybe farther than that...)

Knight Otu

First Post
And for what it is worth, I don't consider the MMII to be bad, it's average, maybe slightly above average even, IMHO. If the Fiend Folio is as good as the MMII, I'll be pleased, but if it is better, that's, well, better. ;)

the Jester

Legend
I really like the MM2. It has a lot of great old monsters and a lot of great new monsters. Granted, there are some wankers too, but show me a monster book without wankers.

Krishnath

First Post
Personally I like the MM2, I mean, all those dragons... gee... I'm of course talking about the sheer number of new dragons is incredible, the 5 gem dragons, 3 drakes (felldrakes are quite usefull for low to mid and even high level play.), the Hellfire Wyrm, and no less than three linnorms. :D And most of the other creatures are not that bad either, although a few are quite useless in my campaign, as of yet. But I really love the templates, I mean Death Knights, Monsters of Legend, Chimeric and Tauric creatures, Half-Golems and spellstiched... <Drool>, If the new Fiend Folio carries the same caliber of dragons and templates, I'm buying it.

But the questions remains. What creatures are there in it? And will any of them be dragons? ;)

Later,

Remove ads