• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favourite 1st Edition Module

Favourite 1st Edition Module

• A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C1 Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • G1,2,3 The Giant Series

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • S1 Tomb of Horrors

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • S2 White Plume Mountain

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • D1, D2 Descent into the.../Shrine of the Kuo..

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness

• A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjib

First Post
Mine is unlisted - Dwellers of the Forbidden City. I explained why in the previous favorite module poll.

Psion

Adventurer
Um, where's D3? I would have voted for D1-3 as a block were it offer. It definitely reflect my play style more than any other old module.

Since it's not, I choose that wierd classic, Shrine of Tomachan (sp?)

Altalazar

First Post
I liked them all, but nothing compares to the sheer sadistic madness of the Tomb of Horrors.

I also liked L1. But then it is hard to get past the nostalgia.

I am now looking back on fond memories of over a year ago when I ran the Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury. I'm finally running a group though Speaker in Dreams, and that is also turning out to be quite fun. (IN the intervening time, i ran other adventures, and now this is a different group - but I will probably take then all the way through the remaining 3E modules to 20th level. Then my other group is tackling RttToEE - with my 60 hour weeks, I have no time to work up my own material anyway)

trentonjoe

Explorer
Very tough call but one thing for sure was it's not White Plume. Laser rifles, Jet packs, force armor? Yeah, that stuff was really useable once the module was over. Try bringing that character sheet to a different DM.

Where're the deserts of desolation?

I3-I5 An excellent trio of modules. I had to pick S2 in it's place.

Shouldn't A1-4 be listed as one as well?

B2: Keep on the borderlands is a D&D module, not an AD&D module.

trentonjoe said:
Very tough call but one thing for sure was it's not White Plume. Laser rifles, Jet packs, force armor? Yeah, that stuff was really useable once the module was over. Try bringing that character sheet to a different DM.

That was S3 (can't remember the name) with the laser rifles. S2 (White Plume Mountain) was an awesome module with a large number of traps and riddles.

Glyfair

Explorer
jmucchiello said:

That was S3 (can't remember the name) with the laser rifles. S2 (White Plume Mountain) was an awesome module with a large number of traps and riddles.

Expedition to Barrier Peaks with the robots and lasers, etc.

My favorite 1st edition module also isn't listed. T1 - Village of Hommlet.

Glyfair of Glamis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads