• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Expect "seven or eight" Dungeons & Dragons games in the near future

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It's an alternative to Korthos Island. There's an NPC there who takes you to the Keep. I haven't tried it yet either, but I'm tempted.
Oh man imma do that tomorrow on my day off. 😂

I have been meaning to get on my lvl 11 monk and do some LFG leveling, but I may just relearn how to play a monk by making a new one instead...

It’s been like 4 years since I’ve played lol

All I know is I have never been much of a PC gamer, so whatever comes out better port over well to video game consoles. Having some of the old PC games finally updated and released to the PS4 was a good move.

Also, I am still trying figure out how they are calling the new one "Dark Alliance", as I thought that name was still owned by whoever still has the rights to the two console Baldur's Gate games. Also, because of those two games, every time I hear the name of this one, I am going to think of them and not it. If they acquired the rights to use the name again, it feels like it should have been called Dark Alliance III, even if it is not a true sequel.

gyor

Legend
There are two ways to make a good D&D game: Either license the IP to a few companies (or just one) with proven track records of doing good work; or license it to anybody who wants it and let the best game win. The first option is preferable, but requires a top-quality studio willing to work on someone else's IP, and there aren't many of those. The ones who previously had relationships with WotC parted ways with them a while ago.

So they're left with the second option. The likely result will be a deluge of crap and a handful of gems. If WotC is smart, they will build relationships with the studios responsible for the gems, and thus transition to option #1.

For D&D there are more Devs then you think that want D&D, Inexile, Obsidian, Larian, ect...

I would love to see some gold box remakes that bring the graphics and quality of life of a modern game. with them. I'd love a D&D game that mixes Pillars of Eternity exploration and dialog with X-Com style combat. Give it 5e rules, one or more player-determined characters, and let it fly.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
I would love to see some gold box remakes that bring the graphics and quality of life of a modern game. with them. I'd love a D&D game that mixes Pillars of Eternity exploration and dialog with X-Com style combat. Give it 5e rules, one or more player-determined characters, and let it fly.
Some of the older Baldur's Gate and Planescape games were remade, and released as bundles for the Nintendo switch.

Some of the older Baldur's Gate and Planescape games were remade, and released as bundles for the Nintendo switch.

Yeah, but I think they lack a significant amount of quality of life features. In other words, they're still more painful to play than they need to be.

I still don't get why people aren't looking at Solasta as what looks like a very good DnD game......the preview was very well done.

I don't count my chickens before they're hatched. I've been bit by too many video games, movies, TV series, books, etc. to get excited anymore until the product is in my hand and I'm actually engaging with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads