• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer Is A New UK Magazine To Teach D&D

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit. Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game...

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit.

Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game, with an exclusive adventure, easy step-by-step instructions and all the background information you need to start creating your own characters and becoming a D&D expert. Collect the specially designed dice given throughout the collection and join us on a wild ride through the D&D journey of a lifetime!

Each of the first four issues also comes with a free dice set, along with bigger goodies every few deliveries, inclusing dice towers, binders, keyrings, even a DM screen. A premium subscripiton throws in miniatures, too. It's kind of a combination of loot box and magazine.

There are currently 80 weekly issues planned. The first issue is £1.99, with subsequent issues costing more at £4.99 for issue #2, and then $7.99 onwards (and the premium subscription versions more at £9.49 per week). As they're weekly, that comes to about £32 per month, or £38 for premium.

The magazine is available in UK stores or via subscription.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.26.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.28.05 PM.png

A premium subscription that includes miniatures.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.29.24 PM.png

home-intro-carousel-image-4.jpeg

Noddy Beholder

Explorer
Blackfire make a lovely transparent dice tower. It has 12 internal rotating steps that clatter alarmingly when you drop a die in it. It doesn't work with D4s though. I ended up using 12 sided d4s as they had more weight.
For sheer cool looks, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit.

Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game, with an exclusive adventure, easy step-by-step instructions and all the background information you need to start creating your own characters and becoming a D&D expert. Collect the specially designed dice given throughout the collection and join us on a wild ride through the D&D journey of a lifetime!

Each of the first four issues also comes with a free dice set, along with bigger goodies every few deliveries, inclusing dice towers, binders, keyrings, even a DM screen. A premium subscripiton throws in miniatures, too. It's kind of a combination of loot box and magazine.

There are currently 80 weekly issues planned. The first issue is £1.99, with subsequent issues costing more at £4.99 for issue #2, and then $7.99 onwards (and the premium subscription versions more at £9.49 per week). As they're weekly, that comes to about £32 per month, or £38 for premium.

The magazine is available in UK stores or via subscription.

View attachment 263401

View attachment 263402

A premium subscription that includes miniatures.

View attachment 263403

WOW, for what they are offering, it sounds like a steal!

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
80 numbers, published weekly... if it ever really reaches number 80, it will already be full One D&D time. Scratching my head on this.

And it will be quite an amount of money. £ 630,20 for the full collection, £ 747,20 if you go premium. I wonder how many dice sets can justify that!

MinisGallery

Villager
As a pre-painted miniatures fan, and host of a miniatures fan-site, I would really like to get the miniatures, however I live in Canada.

If anyone in the UK is only interested in the Magazine and other premium items that are not pre-miniatures, I would be happy to make an arrangement in which we would both benefit -- please PM me.

Had a big search and not seen it in any major shops selling magazines. The Warhammer one was pretty good and gots lots terrain n minis in the 40 or so I got.
My concern is that it's rules will rapidly become out of date.

darjr

I crit!
Had a big search and not seen it in any major shops selling magazines. The Warhammer one was pretty good and gots lots terrain n minis in the 40 or so I got.
My concern is that it's rules will rapidly become out of date.
It’s a trial balloon product.

It’s rules are not suppose to go out of date.

Remove ads

Remove ads