• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Documentary: The Dungeons and Dragons Experience (2004)

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi

Quality on the YouTube video isn't great but oh well...

Using old footage all the way back to the 80s and up this covers D&D and what it is. Even has stuff about minis and dice.

I really liked the old footage of an old AD&D 1E group getting together to play and explain the game. That DM loves to DM! He said he made a career out of it, I wonder if he is someone I should know. Was he paid to DM or making dungeons for publication? Map maker? Edit: He Makes terrain etc

The woman in the 80s group explains that she loves the RP aspect is more a fan of "theater of the mind" over using minis and a map. Good stuff.

The bit later on about what happens to "bad dice" was fun. People got creative on their revenge on those unlucky few.

Anyways, it's like an hour and worth a watch.

Edit: Bob (the game store owner) is a naughty word DM. Geeze.

Last edited:

Quality on the YouTube video isn't great but oh well...

Using old footage all the way back to the 80s and up this covers D&D and what it is. Even has stuff about minis and dice.

I really liked the old footage of an old AD&D 1E group getting together to play and explain the game. That DM loves to DM! He said he made a career out of it, I wonder if he is someone I should know. Was he paid to DM or making dungeons for publication? Map maker? Edit: He Makes terrain etc

The woman in the 80s group explains that she loves the RP aspect is more a fan of "theater of the mind" over using minis and a map. Good stuff.

The bit later on about what happens to "bad dice" was fun. People got creative on their revenge on those unlucky few.

Anyways, it's like an hour and worth a watch.

Edit: Bob (the game store owner) is a naughty word DM. Geeze.

I'll watch this later.

Remove ads