• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

• Yes, and I plan to see it

Votes: 81 68.1%
  • Yes, but I won't see it for reasons

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No, but I plan to see it anyway

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • No, and I won't see it

Votes: 17 14.3%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm sure many of us will go see it, regardless. And others will not do so for a variety of reasons. But in your heart of hearts, do you currently feel it's going to be a good movie or not?

We'll know for sure in a month! But what's your current sense?

Define ‘good’ any way you want.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I think it looks like a lot of fun!

I probably won't see it because I've got a baby at home and we just are not seeing movies in the theater. But I'll rent it or watch it when it goes to streaming!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm sure many of us will go see it, regardless. And others will not do so for a variety of reasons. But in your heart of hearts, do you currently feel it's going to be a good movie or not?

We'll know for sure in a month! But what's your current sense?

Weirdly, my opinion has subtly shifted recently.

Initially, I was all, "YEAH, AWESOME!"

But I recently watched the Critical Role series (Vox Machina) on Amazon Prime. And ... I had mixed emotions while watching it. I felt that it was surprisingly good in parts, better than I expected (even with sophomoric bits). But then I also noticed that the inclusion of "D&Disms" made it feel ... worse.

In other words, after watching Vox Machina, I simultaneously think that the movie can be a good D&D movie, but by being a good D&D movie it might end up not being a good movie in general.

We'll see soon enough.

Thourne

Hero
I choose yes and plan to see it because it was the closest to what I will do.
I barely ever go to the cinema anymore. It just isn't worth the money, the trip and the discomfort.
So, I plan to see it in my home as soon as I can rent it as ppv.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I don't think it'll be good. Yes I'll see it in a movie theater and I've been in a movie theater less than 5 times in the past 5 years. Don't try to understand because I don't either. I'm an enigma, wrapped in a conundrum, wrapped in bacon.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Good is of course subjective. I'm sure it won't be up to Martin Scorsese's standards for example.

But it looks fun and the studio isn't trying to hide from it. Those are good signs to me. It's an ensemble adventure movie which I'm already a sucker for - so if it's even half as fun as a mid-series Fast and Furious movie or the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie it'll count as good in my book.

Remove ads